Nevadans?

I agree that it's not a revolution for us. It's returning to the way we were raised, a way that just makes SENSE! If you can't make it by depending on other people, start depending more on yourself.

Cattle!!!!!
bow.gif
Do you mind if I live vicariously through you? Cattle are in our distant... distant... very distant future. Maybe by the time our kids are raised, we can do cattle.
fl.gif
And I think raising a second to offset the cost of the first is a GENIUS idea! You know, the kind that just make sense?
wink.png
Thank you! It's nice to hear that someone doesn't think we're crazy! :)

I was just coming on to share a pic. We're over the moon in love with her!
Introduced Kate to the farm, she stopped dead, turned and ran when she saw the horses but was fine when I put them nose to nose. She cried when she couldn't figure out how to get in with me and the chickens. She's snug in her crate with no objections. Been a long time since we've had a puppy....I know she's just exhausted from the long drive but so far so good!

I want a puppy!!! I wonder if they have a puppy thread on here? I wouldn't be suprised, but if there isn't, there should be!

What breed is she? I hope no one has asked that yet, I kinda just skimmed through the posts. She looks like a border collie.. Maybe a mix with a border collie???:rolleyes:

Introduced Kate to the farm, she stopped dead, turned and ran when she saw the horses but was fine when I put them nose to nose. She cried when she couldn't figure out how to get in with me and the chickens. She's snug in her crate with no objections. Been a long time since we've had a puppy....I know she's just exhausted from the long drive but so far so good!

I want a puppy!!! I wonder if they have a puppy thread on here? I wouldn't be suprised, but if there isn't, there should be!

What breed is she? I hope no one has asked that yet, I kinda just skimmed through the posts. She looks like a border collie.. Maybe a mix with a border collie???:rolleyes:

She's a field bred Springer Spaniel. She's got an incredible nose already. She gets on a scent and she's transfixed! Her sire is actually a working dog on a cattle ranch. One of her litter mates is going to a person who trains dogs to sniff drugs at the prison in OR, in the area where she came from. She's got an impressive field dog pedigree but she's going to be beautiful too. She is amazingly smart already.

Love the puppy photos. I really miss having a dog around. With me working all day and my son in school and my mom living with us and home all day she would be the one to take care of it and she has declined. Rather forcefully too! So I started out with cats. Have 6 now and moved on to chickens then geese. I absolutely love my birds. They make the cutest noises when they know I'm home.
Still miss my dog but will do with my other critters for now.

Aubrey I am craving some Bibos Earl Grey tea badly!!! What do you guys put in that stuff? I swear I am addicted now! Do you sell it for home brewing? I need to buy a few boxes of it. It's sooo delicious
http://www.davidsonstea.com/Earl_Grey_Loose_Leaf.aspx

Sunny, this is where we order our teas from. You can order it online and have it shipped directly to you! Dont forget to purchase loose leaf baggies!

ooookay everyone! My foster is here!!!! I am so excited but Elvis is very NOT excited haha. After meeting this girl i have decided (after much anxiety and nervousness) that i have definitely made the right descision. Totally worth having to change my routine a lil bit to save this girl. She is just the sweetest little thing. Almost the perfect dog, and i mean it. She just wants to love. Plus she is TINY! she weighs HALF of elvis and is HALF his hight! I think she may be a mini BT. Anyway I took her to the vet yesterday to get her vaccinated and he said he thinks she just recently had puppies, poor thing. Plus at five years old, whatever her old owners were feeding her has caused her teeth to completely rot out, so we will need to have a few of them pulled...Other than that she has lots of sores on her body from sleeping on concrete but those will go away. She has discovered her crate with the brand new fluffy bed and pillows and she LOVES it. Anyway i am rambling. This girl is very special. I hope she finds the most perfect home <3 <3 <3

Plus weve gotten all th baby chicks i think we are going to get. Very odd, but they all look completely different! LOL! Anyway their feathers are all coming in silkied so they are for sure pure silkies/nns! The one showgirl that hatched has very odd coloring though, its like hes a reverse raccoon! He has a little white mask on, ive never ever seen anything like it!!!! Even the little yellow chick has random brown dots all over her. These chicks look so cool!! more love <3 <3 <3

Sunny, we went in together with a friend and bought 1/2 a cow this year. We agreed with the grower last spring to do it. Let me say this - OH WOW!!!! The difference in taste is unreal. It reminds me of the beef we had when I was growing up. I'll never forget the taste and I have it back again. We paid just over $1,200 for the half of beef and we just promised the grower we would do a whole cow next year. He's growing one for us to split with the other couple. I really can't believe the difference. People in America is probably gaining weight because the food we must buy in the stores are just so bland. The beef tastes like it's watered down compared to the real thing. The fruits and vegetables have a taste either. I think this Country would be much better off if people only knew what they were eating?

My krumkake iron arrived. I'm excited to try it out. I was successful in the toy organization project on Sunday afternoon. I have relocated a bunch of toys from the living room to the kids room. we still have some shelves for them in the living room but I have reclaimed a bit of space. kids are back in school this week after 4 weeks off track. now i have to pack lunches again but other than that, it's good to get back into the routine. they were very excited to go back. love this age!
We also got a start on the christmas lights today. Maybe we'll actually get to enjoy them for awhile this year. :D And! I got something done I've been putting off for ages! I got my recipe album done! Oh sorry, that means nothing to all of you that have not watched me fight with these 100s of loose recipes stuffed into an overflowing binder for the last 7 years. So you have no idea how big a deal this is. I am thrilled it is finally done!!! Oh and I made 2 clementine pies. OMG these things are dangerously good!

How did everyone else's weekend go? It was nice having such wonderful weather for the long weekend.
congrats on your recipe album! that is on my to-do list. i have several messy binders. some day I'll get to that.
so sweet!
12 eggs today, the most I've had in over a month! And my exchequer leghorn gave me an egg. She hasn't laid in about 6 weeks or more!

celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif
we got 15 eggs today! that's also our largest amount in quite awhile. i guess i will have enough to sell this week.
Love the puppy photos. I really miss having a dog around. With me working all day and my son in school and my mom living with us and home all day she would be the one to take care of it and she has declined. Rather forcefully too! So I started out with cats. Have 6 now and moved on to chickens then geese. I absolutely love my birds. They make the cutest noises when they know I'm home.
I love cats too. I just have one now. I've never owned a dog but hubby wants one so I'm sure eventually we'll get one.
congrats on your chicks and the rescue!

12 eggs today, the most I've had in over a month! And my exchequer leghorn gave me an egg. She hasn't laid in about 6 weeks or more!

celebrate.gif
Woo Hoo!
Awww, I'm sorry you miss your dog. Sounds like you made the right decision though.
http://www.davidsonstea.com/Earl_Grey_Loose_Leaf.aspx

Sunny, this is where we order our teas from. You can order it online and have it shipped directly to you! Dont forget to purchase loose leaf baggies!

ooookay everyone! My foster is here!!!! I am so excited but Elvis is very NOT excited haha. After meeting this girl i have decided (after much anxiety and nervousness) that i have definitely made the right descision. Totally worth having to change my routine a lil bit to save this girl. She is just the sweetest little thing. Almost the perfect dog, and i mean it. She just wants to love. Plus she is TINY! she weighs HALF of elvis and is HALF his hight! I think she may be a mini BT. Anyway I took her to the vet yesterday to get her vaccinated and he said he thinks she just recently had puppies, poor thing. Plus at five years old, whatever her old owners were feeding her has caused her teeth to completely rot out, so we will need to have a few of them pulled...Other than that she has lots of sores on her body from sleeping on concrete but those will go away. She has discovered her crate with the brand new fluffy bed and pillows and she LOVES it. Anyway i am rambling. This girl is very special. I hope she finds the most perfect home <3 <3 <3

Plus weve gotten all th baby chicks i think we are going to get. Very odd, but they all look completely different! LOL! Anyway their feathers are all coming in silkied so they are for sure pure silkies/nns! The one showgirl that hatched has very odd coloring though, its like hes a reverse raccoon! He has a little white mask on, ive never ever seen anything like it!!!! Even the little yellow chick has random brown dots all over her. These chicks look so cool!! more love <3 <3 <3

Oh! So much cuteness! She is adorable and so are the chickies!
love.gif

Thank you so much for the link so I can order some of that tea. I love stopping by when we are passing that way but it's a very long drive for just a cup of tea.
tongue.png

Sunny, we went in together with a friend and bought 1/2 a cow this year. We agreed with the grower last spring to do it. Let me say this - OH WOW!!!! The difference in taste is unreal. It reminds me of the beef we had when I was growing up. I'll never forget the taste and I have it back again. We paid just over $1,200 for the half of beef and we just promised the grower we would do a whole cow next year. He's growing one for us to split with the other couple. I really can't believe the difference. People in America is probably gaining weight because the food we must buy in the stores are just so bland. The beef tastes like it's watered down compared to the real thing. The fruits and vegetables have a taste either. I think this Country would be much better off if people only knew what they were eating?
There is no way to know exactly what is being done to our food before it gets to us. Just when we think we have one evil thing nailed down something else turns up that's just as bad. Taste isn't the only reason I want to grow my own food... OK I'll stop now. It's so easy to get off on a rant about this subject. I am looking forward to raising our own beef though. And you're right the taste is amazing!

I got one acre seeded today but now I hear the winds are going to be terrible tomorrow so I may have wasted my time. Oh well I have plenty more seed and Thursday looks good to spread more.

Back
Top Bottom