Nevadans?

Happy Easter!
bun.gif
I'm currently hardboiling the norwegian jaer eggs and silkie eggs for my kids to dye. those are the lightest ones I have. the jaers haven't been laying much lately so it's mainly tiny silkie eggs.
On a side note, does anyone on here quilt? I want to try it out with a basic pattern. I went to wallyworld to get some fabric, and it was over five dollars a yard for the basic colors. Is there anywhere in Reno or online to get low price fabric that's still good quality? Or does it all cost about the same? I thought when I was younger it didnt cost as much.
good luck on your quilting. fabric is expensive. the really good quilt fabrics are more like $8 a yard and up at the quilt shops. My mom quilts and I take her around to all the area shops when she visits. So I would guess for starting out that walmart or joann's or mill end would be good. you can sign up for coupons at joann and that would help. some day I'm sure I will do some quilting (it's in my blood) but for now I have way too many unfinished other projects around.
Happy Easter! The eggs were out of the fridge, so the babies didn't want to be anywhere near them.

so sweet!

Here's Alex. I was told he was tort or broken tort. Not exactly sure on the genetics, since another that I got from the same guy had some flemish giant in him. He's supposed to be primarily New Zealand.

Miss Chin, my chinchilla satin doe...

Grumpy, my blue satin buck...

And the babies Alex threw with Sue, my broken black. They're going to be 12 weeks in another couple weeks, but I'm going to wait a week to butcher out of respect for my vegetarian friend who's coming to visit.

She seems more harlequin then tort. tort is orange she appears red. Your blue has weird coloring haha looks more like a champagne cross. has she gotton lighter ?
You have a black, broken black, and broken blue

She seems more harlequin then tort. tort is orange she appears red. Your blue has weird coloring haha looks more like a champagne cross. has she gotton lighter ?
You have a black, broken black, and broken blue

The blue is a pretty constant color. His fur is really shiny, though, like the chinchilla's is. So he appears different colors in pictures.

frow.gif
Hi Pals! Geeze, its been like a week since Ive popped on and youre all CHATTY! I see some new peeps on here, so WELCOME!

Sorry I think this might be the longest in a while I have checked up in here! I have no news with the birds since Greggors died except that his son, lil steve is turning into a very handsome little guy. We do want to cull one rooster and make room for another gigantic one, but i doubt I will be able to cull it.

Anyways, Ive been so busy and involved in the Bull Terrier rescue. I think thats usually how it goes now. Spurts of massive chicken invlovement, then BT involvement. LOL. anyway this last weekend we drove down to porterville to grab a 9 month old that was going to be PTS because she had kennel cough. Poor thing. Im so glad we did though because she is as sweet as pie and is going to make someone a very very special pet.
I saw that Lacey said kennel cough was going around reno. FYI I got the bordatella vaccine at greens feed last week for 7 bucks. Its a good investment.

Im thinking about downsizing the flock a little bit. With how busy Mark and I have been lately its been harder for us to keep it as clean as we'd like. I dont know, probably wont happen though, with our flock history...

Anyways I hope all is well!

Im thinking about downsizing the flock a little bit. With how busy Mark and I have been lately its been harder for us to keep it as clean as we'd like. I dont know, probably wont happen though, with our flock history...

Anyways I hope all is well!
good luck on the downsizing. i still think I should downsize a little more too. I had been thinking that I only had 29 chickens all winter but when my wheaten am died and I counted everyone up again, now I have 29. I guess I have been deluding myself and really had 30. So far I only have 2 on the list for downsizing. I'm having trouble adding anyone else to that list.

I haven't been on in awhile, but I been following you all. I guess that is what I am going to have to do too...downsize that is. My husband doesn't want me to get anymore baby chicks and my girls are getting older. I don't get the eggs that we use to get and he does most of the caring and feeding of our flock. We don't know what to do with our girls, they are pecking each other bald. We have one we call Sweetpea because she is so sweet she just lays down and lets they other ones peck her to death. We had to put her in this other small house we have, because she was not eating and she was not moving hardly at all. About 2 days after we moved her she started eating and getting around really good again. There was nothing wrong with her...we thought she was sick. We finally figured it out that she was just giving up and did not want to live anymore. We had no idea that a chicken would do this. They have picked on her ever since we have had them...about 2 years. She is doing good and her feathers are all coming back, she is gaining weight and looks really good.

We can't figure out why our chickens peck on each other so bad. They have good food lots of protein and lots of extra snacks. We don't know what to do anymore. My husband is getting tired of trying to make them stop. They have been fighting tapeworms for about 3 months. We finally got that solved and they are all gaining weight and seem to be happy, but they still want to peck each others feathers out. We both have grown so attached to our girls. We don't want to get rid of the, but we don't know what to do. If anyone has some suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks for listening to me.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom