Nevadans?

Hi everyone, I just got my two chickens today! they are 7 days old
smile.png
Ameracana's I've had chickens in the past but its been a long time. I introduced them to my two rabbits. Hope all goes well, this site has helped me glad to be a part of it! Will post pictures soon.
congrats! Have fun with those little chicks. they grow really fast.

Egg yolk~ Where are you located? I live in Dayton and I'm overflowing with silkies right now. 20 right now....I think. If you guys want a couple let me know. :) Think my youngest are like 6-8 weeks

Yeah I will ask my dad
1f603.png
!And I found my other Silkie and she was dead.... Its makes me so sad
1f614.png

Hi everyone, I just got my two chickens today! they are 7 days old
smile.png
Ameracana's I've had chickens in the past but its been a long time. I introduced them to my two rabbits. Hope all goes well, this site has helped me glad to be a part of it! Will post pictures soon.
Congrats and
welcome-byc.gif
congrats! Have fun with those little chicks. they grow really fast.
I know! Only a few months ago I could fit Gretel in my palm, and now she's laying eggs!

Hey there! I'm in the St George, Utah area, but seeing as I'm 30 minutes from the Nevada border, I thought I'd dip my toe in here as well. Got my first chickens a year ago this spring, and have absolutely loved the experience. Currently, one of my girls has become dedicated to being broody, so we're trying to decide how to deal with the issue. So far, the family consensus is get her a couple chicks or eggs to hatch. What's a few more chickens?

Anyway, nice to meet you all :)

Ithyldyn, welcome!

Small world we have here. My brother and his wife live in the exact same locale!

If you have a rooster or a neighbor with a rooster that wouldn't mind giving/selling you some fertile eggs, I'd let her go for it! There is nothing more pleasing under the sun than to watch a mama chicken teach her little babies all about the big wide world!

Howdy Ithildyn! Sounds like your family are all chicken math majors! What breed is the broody?

She's an Australorp - we have two, named Pepper and Poppy, but they usually both get called Pepper Poppy :) Yep, I've been teaching my family about the joys of chicken math. Have finally converted my brother now that Pepper's broody!

Ithyldyn, welcome!

Small world we have here. My brother and his wife live in the exact same locale!

If you have a rooster or a neighbor with a rooster that wouldn't mind giving/selling you some fertile eggs, I'd let her go for it! There is nothing more pleasing under the sun than to watch a mama chicken teach her little babies all about the big wide world!

Small world indeed! I'm in La Verkin, work in St George.

We don't have any immediate neighbors with chickens, but a few people on the Utah board have offered chicks and eggs. It's just the transport as they're all up north. My brother feels so bad for her - that's what finally convinced him to have a few more chickens in our flock
woot.gif

She's an Australorp - we have two, named Pepper and Poppy, but they usually both get called Pepper Poppy :) Yep, I've been teaching my family about the joys of chicken math. Have finally converted my brother now that Pepper's broody!
Huh - I have a Black Ameraucana rooster named Poppy.

Back
Top Bottom