Nevadans?

Hello, how was everybody's weekend?
Quote:
$2 for old customers, $2.50 for new, but I should charge $3 for no salmonella and not being month old eggs! ke_ben steps down off soapbox.

BTW, I have a cheater etouffee recipe that doesn't require you to make a roux (Sorry, but you still have to boil rice.) that is pretty good. You guys have got me hungry for cajun now and I haven't even gotten the chicken and dumplings recipe yet.
wink.png

Thank you all for the compliments on the eggs and for those that asked...
Quote:
it was the only black copper Marans that I have left after last summer that laid the chocolates. I hope to hatch out some more from her and the roos from Holly sometime. The splash and the cuckoos haven't started back laying yet. I too was pleasantly surprised at the egg size and am curious to see if all of them are so big when they start. Give evonne a call, saw her Friday on her way home from the bus stop, she had lost her phone and didn't have my number anymore.

Have a great week Nevadans.

Quote:
Wow, I have a horse and on the good days I pay $12.50 for hay! I use straw in my coop. I have grass for the run. The straw turns to mulch and goes into the garden w/ the poop. We have to make soil hear in Nevada! I wish we had good grass hay for cheep, I would fill the barn with it!
lol.png

On the hay.is it straw hay? .maybe go to your feed store and offer to clean up loose hay? I get the rotten alfalafa for my garden, and they are glad to get rid of it, but I think you want good stuff for the birds.anything less than 10$ is unheard of for alfalafa in Elko County..(I don't have a horse so don't hold me to that!) Funny that Jeepers 1540 and I are the only ones on here from Elko County, Nevada..(That's about 328 miles east of Reno on I-80) for those of you who don't know! Big J and I are neighbors, he has helped me tremendously. We tried asking 2.50 a doz for eggs, it didn't fly very well. 2$ works great. We sure don't get any deals on feed out here, so it's a good thing we like our chickens anyway!

Can I join you guys? I live in the Las vegas valley, I've got about 30 adorable peepers... some of which I was hoping to sell. I've got quite a mix. I just love them! I'm just getting started on BYC, so I don't have a page or anything. I'm also trying to find a hook up to sell some of my chicks- I want them to find good homes! I have a medium/large chicken coop and run that my husband built me. It's so nice to see so many people that are crazy about chickens. Seriously... who needs a dog or a cat!
smile.png

bergerj2 -
welcome-byc.gif
NV thread
ya.gif
Will not be long and you'll have a page
thumbsup.gif

Wanted to let you all know that Sunny is home and doing well - talked to her just a bit ago..
yippiechickie.gif
Will be a couple days maybe until she can be on the computer, so she will have a bit of reading to do to catch-up
lol.png

My splint cast has come off
woot.gif
fingers are taped together, and my poor hand is still swollen with a tinge of green, but I can wash my arm
bun.gif

HorseFeatherz - congratulations on getting your cast off!
clap.gif
I'm glad to hear Sunny is recuperating, too.
woot.gif

frow.gif
Howdy bergerj2! I'm up North but there are plenty of S. Nevada folks here, too. What kind of chickens do you have?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom