Nevadans?

Finally cleaned out the coop this morning. So nice looking in there now with fresh shavings. Laila had a friend from kindergarten over today. Her mom and I were chatting and I was showing her the coop and run. She lives on 13 acres in antelope valley and is thinking about getting chickens. I encouraged her to go for it. I would be dangerous with 13 acres to play with!
the cover looks great!

Thank you! And 13 acres...
droolin.gif
As long as the soil was easily augmentible.

Hi Everybody nearby Las Vegas

- we have a Crele Old English (pretty sure) Bantam Rooster (crowing bantam size crows) that we cannot keep -
he was guaranteed to be 100% Hen by the feed store, but that was a guaranteed backed by zero so unfortunately we need to find him a new home.

He's a Lover not a fighter! Very sweet personality - but, the neighbor lady is threatening to pair him with dumplings if we don't rehome him soon.
hit.gif

Free to Good Home!

Any Takers?

bow.gif

frow.gif
Everyone! I'm out of town right now, my dad got married yesterday. I'm enjoying Florida. I read on Facebook we are having a get-together in Reno on July 28th, 4:15pm at Rancho San Rafael Park. Potluck again. Everyone is invited to come and enjoy the company.

We would like to know how many can make it and everyone should let us know what they are bringing so we don't have the same things.

I hope all is well with everyone. I'll be back next week.

frow.gif
Everyone! I'm out of town right now, my dad got married yesterday. I'm enjoying Florida. I read on Facebook we are having a get-together in Reno on July 28th, 4:15pm at Rancho San Rafael Park. Potluck again. Everyone is invited to come and enjoy the company.

We would like to know how many can make it and everyone should let us know what they are bringing so we don't have the same things.

I hope all is well with everyone. I'll be back next week.

Where is the BYC Northern Nevada Facebook page?!?! I want to go to a chicken-themed potluck!

It's this one, this is the Northern Nevada potluck, I'm just visiting Florida atm and will be back home tomorrow. Please let us know if you can make it and what're bringing.

Ok Sunny, I don't know what you're up to these days, but if you have room for them I have some chicks that may be lav layers growing out and I need my partner
big_smile.png

6:15 or 4:15... either is good, as long as we know what time. My family will be walking about 3 miles to get there.

It's been super quiet on the boards!

Things are going ok over here. I lost a rabbit to the heat. It was my registered satin chinchilla doe, so I'm disappointed. Too bad it couldn't be Burger the Demon Rabbit instead. She's only still around to see if she can be a decent mother with a second batch. Her first batch, she had a dozen, but they were so tiny and she was a first-time mom, so none survived. I've tried breeding since then, but the bucks are sterile until the heat goes down.

The gardens are doing fairly well, but are horribly neglected. I've been too busy (or sick, or hot) to go out and weed. Some of my tomatoes are choking back a bit from the weeds. I have about 30 plants, so I'm not freaking out, but it would be nice to have tomatoes from all of them. I also have some bad blossom drop from the heat, and I'm hoping that's alleviated soon so I can get some good fruit.

And we finally trained Gozer to stop eating the eggs from the coop!
celebrate.gif
It didn't take long, actually. He's a pretty smart dog. If he's gotten into the coop at all that day, and we show him an egg, he'll slink away. Lol. Yesterday, I was at work all day, and I came home to 13 eggs. Yay!

What's up in everyone else's chicken lives?

Back
Top Bottom