Nevadans?

Stevo!

He is coming into his senior year in high school, so he is growing up! He didn't want anyone to know he was just a teenager, but he is the president of FFA here and wants to go on to be an ag teacher... I am duly impressed.

He also only has a couple of chickens left right now, but he still will check on mine when I take off..

I am surprised you remembered us way over here in the sage brush!
I'd be right there with you if I could figure out a way to make a living out there!

So I'm up and writing for "The Magazine," though my first blog post is awaiting editorial approval. I'm working on some more for the database, for future publication. To those of you who have expressed interest in writing for me, please feel free to submit your articles to me at any time. I signed a contract promising that all photos are original or used with permission, so please be sure any photos you send me are taken by you, of your chickens.

(To those of you new to this, "The Magazine" is a national poultry magazine with a new online blog feature. Due to BYC's rules, I can't mention the name of the magazine or of my own personal blog on this thread. You can always PM me for that info, though.)

I am working on a post about molting, and I would love to feature pictures of your craziest molts. What I need from you is 1) a picture that is taken by you, of your own flock 2) permission for me to use the picture on my blog, and potentially on "The Magazine's" blog, with possible sharing of either blog by other people on the internet, 3) what name, fictional or not, you want attributed to the pictures. For instance, you can send me a picture of your frizzled cochin, and I could add the caption, "Sally's cochin," or "from Backwater Farms," even if your name is Theodore.

Just let me know! As I've said before, this blog is not for money (even for me.) It's just about being featured on the blog. Thanks!

I just saw Sunny and Steve last night and they are doing great just really busy and very poor internet where they are living so she can't get on here like she used to.

How many of you ladies (and gentlemen) are planning on coming to the Northern Nevada show in Oct? Its been moved to Fallon so maybe some of you won't be able to come?

How many of you ladies (and gentlemen) are planning on coming to the Northern Nevada show in Oct? Its been moved to Fallon so maybe some of you won't be able to come?
Details?
droolin.gif

https://www.facebook.com/NNPFA

NNPFASAVE THE DATE~ Announcing our 2013 show date October 18, 19, 20th in Fallon Nevada(a new venue a private Arena). Also we are planning a Banquet Sat night of the show. Coop out will be Sunday after champion of the show is chosen. Should be one of our best shows to date! See you there~

We have been on their mailing list for a few years so we're sure that we'll get the forms sent to us to fill out ahead of time.

Perhaps if you haven't participated in their show before you can go to the above link to contact them and make sure one is sent to you.

She gets on this thread but I'm not positive of her user name. Hopefully she'll be on here before too long and can give us the info we need.

I am The Youth Secretary for the show!! I will be doing ALOT of work with the show so I will try and keep you in the know. This year the show is a two day show! I believe we canceled the banquet this year because of time and funding, but if a 4h club would through it we would have it. We are planning on having it next year when we are more established. I can get any information from Julie(pigtail21) you need!

There is a poultry swap sunday
One Stop Ranch and Feed 760 Glendale Ave. I believe Julie will have nankins, seramas, austrolorps, and buckeyes. I am selling a Mille Fluer D'uccle rooster. Also whatever anyone else brings!

I am The Youth Secretary for the show!! I will be doing ALOT of work with the  show so I will try and keep you in the know. This year the show is a two day show! I believe we canceled the banquet this year because of time and funding, but if a 4h club would through it we would have it. We are planning on having it next year when we are more established. I can get any information from Julie(pigtail21) you need!

There is a poultry swap sunday
[COLOR=222222]One Stop Ranch and Feed 760 Glendale Ave. I believe Julie will have nankins, seramas, austrolorps, and buckeyes. I am selling a Mille Fluer D'uccle rooster. Also whatever anyone else brings![/COLOR]
Cool- thanks! I will be there with some orpington chicks. I really want to enter a couple of my english orps... Not because they will win- just to show them off because I am proud of what I have.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom