Never ever going to get a coop

Emzyyy

Runs with Deer
11 Years
Jul 14, 2008
Derby Kansas
Ive tried building one and get a littleways into it then get stuck. dad will not help me. He's always too busy. He'd rather all my chickens die anyway, and he's the one who started me on them when I was little and came home with my first two ever and never grew out of it, and now he won't help me. The chickens (all 18) and in a dog run at the momment with a temporary "shack" building made of scraps, that my dad threw together thinking it was fine for a pernament coop, because I did the work he asked me to do (picking weeds all summer, mowing, went to work with him, and helped water ever single tree of like 30 that he bought), and he said after I do the work that he would "help" with the chicken coop. "It gets too cold here for that little shack." I told him, but he never listens. I might as well get rid of ever chicken I own because I do not feel like a good owner when their in a crowded muddy dog run, but I know if I get rid of them I'll never get more. Plus our neighbor saw some guy drive up to our house and look through the windows, Im afraid someone is gona see the chickens and take them, my dad's friend got his chickens stolen. I looked on craigslist but not many people live in Kansas who have just cheap or free sheds just to giveaway. with work work work all these stupid rental houses. Anyway just ranting haven't been on in awhile the computer has been broken.

Edited to remove personal information

Last edited by a moderator:
try looking in the newpaper maybe? and when you call, explain your situation and maybe theyd be willing to deliver? if u were near me...id be willing to help. maybe u can find a nice local BYCer to help out? good luck!
hugs.gif
fl.gif

I've been looking in the newspaper lately, but the sheds I have seen which was like one was $500. Our new neighbor gave me a couple sheets of plywood which was really nice and I started looking up plans getting all excited about building my own coop and I started and my dad comes outside looks at and says "You're doing it wrong." and walks back inside. So I got frustrated.

dont listen to him...all it needs is 4 sides and a roof.....you can do all that with plywood....im sure you werent doing it wrong...its not hard and if he doesnt like the way ur doing it...he can do it himself...otherwise its gonna be YOUR way!

I think I can do it the only problem is cutting the wood and I can't use the saw unless my dad helps which is the main issue, I think Ill just try putting a wanted add in craigslist or something.

Sounds like you need to go it alone. So sad.

Find some old fashioned hand tools and just do it. It is not rocket science; you can figure it out. Check out the flea markets and yard sales. People think it all has to be power tools these days. Hand tools work just fine, only take a little more time, and some youthful energy.

I am an old woman and use power tools all the time, but I would never give away the few good old hand saws I still have.

You can do it! I was able to build my tractor! Look at my page for it. You can do this for less than $50 since you have plywood. Don't worry. You just need to plan out. Get a list of what you have, what you can get and what you know and we can be more help.

edited to remove personal information

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom