Never Expected To Be Posting In Here...... But I Shot The Opossum.

I agree. Well done. There is a big difference in wanton killing and protecting your animals, whether pets or livestock. And once it knows where food is, it will be back.

Great point about shooting in an enclosed area. Hope your hearing comes back. And you were not even using a shotgun!!

I had a somewhat similar experience about a month ago. When I went to lock the coop just after they went on the roost, I found a possom in the coop. I grabbed a shovel and hit it, but due to space I could not get a good swing. It did "play dead" and I was able to shovel it out to the run where I could get a good swing. The chickens were not making any noise at all, just a little unsettled moving around on the roost. At least I got mine before it did any damage. Hope yours are all OK.

smile.png
Good job, Ranchie.
thumbsup.gif
We must protect our own. Unfortunately, over the years, i've had to shoot 7 or 8 dogs, so i know what you went thru. Hope you find the rest of your flock all in good shape.
cool.png

Proud to be an ol' geezer

Sally, Good for you!!! I know it's hard to kill a critter. (I have never done it yet.) But, think how bad today would be if you hadn't done it.

How's your hearing this morning?

I know you don't like killing a critter anymore than I do, but there are times that that is the only solution. As the years have gone on I've gotten more hardened to doing it.....still don't like it tho. Hope you find your other girls and no one is injured too badly.

thumbsup.gif
Why to go Sally, after the last time, it is nice to know you have found the culperit and taken care of it. Hope every one is doing ok this morning.
Sorry but the lab coment made me
lau.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom