Never I repeat ever put an egg in your pocket

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AChickenLoverProduction, Jul 5, 2011.

1. AChickenLoverProduction

AChickenLoverProduction Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2011
    San Antonio Texas
    Well funny story here it goes~ I went to my local feed store to pick up some starter grower, all well and good, I buy it bring home and pour it in the tub were I store it. My hens then began screaming at me, you heard right they yell at me if I dont let them out of the coop, so I said, ''What the hey ladies! I'll let you out while I clean the coop!'' They were excited and bolted out the door, then a started raking and shoveling. I went over to the nestingbox and saw my oldest hen laid an egg, I walked out too were she was dust bathing and said, ''Thank you Pip, for laying an egg~'' She ignored me and went back on to rolling in the dirt. So inbetween all of this I stick the egg in my pocket, a have a pool and my chickens love it when I clean the skimmer and give them the dead bugs. So I dump the remains in their coop, and on my way out- CRACK! I hit the door way with my leg!!! [​IMG] There I was walking around with yolk dripping down my leg! [​IMG] [​IMG]

So that was my lovely afternoon of chicken-ness~ [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  2. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    Yay!
    [​IMG]

3. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    lol too funny

4. TrystInn

TrystInn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    I've gotten into a miserable habit of sticking them in my jacket pockets. Which means, if you come around back to see me at any given point, I've an egg in my pocket. One of my coops is a raised coop, so I have to lean over to get in. *crack* you guessed it!

I swear I will learn my lesson. Soon!

5. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] Been there, done that! [​IMG]

7. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    My grandma puts the eggs in her coat pocket in the winter and one of them broke. [​IMG]

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    This happens every year with chicken newbies - and the stories never stop being funny.

9. AChickenLoverProduction

AChickenLoverProduction Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2011
    San Antonio Texas
    I laughed at my own stupidity! Now it gives my family something to pick on me about. [​IMG]

10. ashleylancaster

ashleylancaster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    ALABAMA
    my mom takes her chickens feed out in a bucket and after she feed she colects and puts her eggs in the bucket so none get squished. funny story. thats gotta be the laugh of the day.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by