Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly the thread didn't go the way the OP had planned, but I agree with the majority in that people should not be expected to go "above and beyond" each and every time just because it's the nice thing to do. Everyone has different circumstances and the buyer should not expect the seller to give more than what was agreed upon. That does not make the seller cheap, it makes the buyer cheap.

Edited to add...Sometimes you find sellers that would screw their buyers over, it's happened to me and to people I know, and often times you'll not hear of anything negative in regards to the seller until it's too late. Most sellers are pretty honest, but there will always be those completely devoted to the buck with no interest in appeasing the buyers to any degree. That doesn't mean I'm a cheap buyer, just a human being that feels I should get what I pay for.

Last edited:
You guys are so silly. LOL.
smile.png
I had no "plan" for how the thread would go. It is just not that serious. Some of you have taken the thread FAR too seriously (and personally). I should have anticipated some of the responses, but I really didn't. I don't understand why so many people take things to extremes and think in absolutes. I just don't think that way. If I read something and it doesn't apply to me, I move on. For heaven's sakes I SELL EGGS MYSELF, on occasion, LOL. How then could my post be intended as directed at all egg sellers or all transactions? Clearly, I am not attempting to insult myself or all the good egg sellers out there (and there are a lot of them).

I guess I am just too pollyanna in my outlook on life. I think that people should treat others kindly and fairly. In my mind, that includes going beyond the minimum expected of you when you are able, even in business (and again, if you are *not* able, then it doesn't apply to you). In my opinion, it does not seem that people are as generous with each other as they used to be in the poultry community. Again, because I'm sure some will get that twisted, I don't mean ALL PEOPLE OR ALL TRANSACTIONS. Some people are, of course, extremely generous and some are generous when they are able to be. I, in no way, meant to imply that I think all egg sellers are bad and/or should be giving away free eggs with every transaction. LOL, I am stunned that I even need to apparently clarify that point. Again, I just don't think in absolutes like that.

I still stand by the fact that people, as a general rule, do not seem to be as open to giving and receiving kindness (again, in MY OPINION). I have even given away a few birds recently and had the people receiving the birds act like I was completely nuts and wanted to know what was wrong with them. That gives me a pretty good idea that the person has not often been on the receiving end of kindness like this. As this relates to egg transactions, of course, I don't think that every seller should be expected to give multiple free eggs with every transaction. I only mean that they have an ethical responsibility, IMHO, to help the buyer be as successful as possible by sending fresh, fertile, well-packed eggs. If you are a seller that does this, you should in no way be offended by this post because it doesn't apply to you. The fact of the matter is that when I have encountered a seller that seems to be what I would consider a "bad" seller (understanding that everyone's definition is different), there are generally multiple issues with the same order- dirty eggs, broken eggs not packed well, lots of non-developers, etc... I don't think I have ever found myself unhappy with a seller only for sending no extras. Again, people, it is about the big picture. Every situation is different. I can't believe that I have to clarify that I don't mean that every transaction has to include multiple free eggs or the seller is a crook, but here I go clarifying one more time.

Anyway, thank you all for your posts! It was an interesting thread! I only wanted it closed because it seemed like people were taking things personally or as they were not intended. I have just been doing a lot of thinking about the people that have impacted the way I do things in life. I have been very sick and am getting ready to have another surgery, so people like my grandparents and the old timers that got me started in poultry have been on my mind a lot. I had hoped that maybe someone out there just start in poultry would read the thread and be inspired to be generous in their dealings with people (similar to how Claude inspired the way I try to treat people). I do really think that some of what I see these days is really sad, mainly that so many people seem to think that they can only do something nice for a buyer, like replace eggs, if they are in some way proven to be "At fault". That is a sad way to live, IMHO. Egg sells in general just were on my mind because of some of what I have read recently. Again, thank you everyone that posted, even if you don't agree with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom