New addition!!!!!! So excited! šŸ„°šŸ“

6 and 7 weeks
Iā€™d keep them separated for a few weeks. Since your new bird is coming from a different flock she might need to be quarantined.
Then put them in the run but separated so they have a chance to get used to each other without contact. Although with just 1 and a bunch of littles there may be minimal issues.

Iā€™d keep them separated for a few weeks. Since your new bird is coming from a different flock she might need to be quarantined.
Then put them in the run but separated so they have a chance to get used to each other without contact. Although with just 1 and a bunch of littles there may be minimal issues.
Iā€™m pretty sure her flock is all healthy, as I visited a few weeks ago and earlier today, but I donā€™t really want to risk anything so I can see what I can do. Donā€™t have any extra coops or anything, so not sure what Iā€™d keep her in.

Just picked her up! :)She is so sweet, but I feel bad because she is leaving all of her friends. :( Hope she will adjust quickly and smoothly. Iā€™m thinking of naming her Dolly Carton because Iā€™ve had that name in mind for a while, so I think itā€™s time I finally use it. I would say sheā€™s probably around 4ish pounds at 18.5 weeks. Is this normal for Langshans? Or could she be something else? She has brownish eyes and very feathered feet. Iā€™ve read they lay around 26 weeks, is this true? Sorry I have so many questions, but Iā€™ve never owned this breed before so I donā€™t know much about them.

Do you think I should quarantine? All I have is 1 usable coop (which has chicks in it), a small chicken tractor (which also has chicks in it) and a empty doll house brooder. Donā€™t know where Iā€™d keep her. :(

Hereā€™s a collage I have of her at 3 different ages DC6856A3-A943-4043-96C0-982363591EC1.jpeg

I LOVE Ayam Cemanis! I really hope I can get more as mine passed earlier this year
Oh they are so different from other chickens iv had but even though as a family we have had chickens for over 40 years its probably 30 years since i have been involved myself and the ayams are a perfect breed to start with as they have bags of personality and are so friendly, they have really drawn me back into chickens with a passion. I hope you manage to find some more soon. Im fortunate in the uk they are not too bad price wise Ā£20 to Ā£40 for a good quality little bird. I believe they are far dearer in the states, personally my thinking would be if you really like them then encourage others to breed them by making them a price that everyone can afford to keep them! Spread the breed spread the joy. I have 2 ayam eggs and 3 derbyshire red caps that have gone into lockdown last night šŸ˜„šŸ˜šŸ˜†šŸ£šŸ£šŸ£šŸ£šŸ£šŸ„šŸ¤šŸ„šŸ¤šŸ„šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ˜„

Oh they are so different from other chickens iv had but even though as a family we have had chickens for over 40 years its probably 30 years since i have been involved myself and the ayams are a perfect breed to start with as they have bags of personality and are so friendly, they have really drawn me back into chickens with a passion. I hope you manage to find some more soon. Im fortunate in the uk they are not too bad price wise Ā£20 to Ā£40 for a good quality little bird. I believe they are far dearer in the states, personally my thinking would be if you really like them then encourage others to breed them by making them a price that everyone can afford to keep them! Spread the breed spread the joy. I have 2 ayam eggs and 3 derbyshire red caps that have gone into lockdown last night šŸ˜„šŸ˜šŸ˜†šŸ£šŸ£šŸ£šŸ£šŸ£šŸ„šŸ¤šŸ„šŸ¤šŸ„šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ˜„
Iā€™m thinking of buying some hatching eggs next year. Right now Iā€™m just focusing on my current chicks and my new girly. :)

Back
Top Bottom