New additions- Pictures added

LinckHillPoultry

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hey guys.

I know I havent been on for awhile, that is due to the fact my one computer monitor crashed and the laptop I also use hasn't been letting me log in here.
I am currently using an older monitor until we end up getting a newer one.

Anyways, I am sure most of you have heard about how my 3 sebastopol goslings were killed. I was devastated, and to this point in time I am still upset.
They were the triple E gang, Ernie, Elvira, and Edith.

Well, they were killed about two weeks ago, and the following sunday after the thursday they were killed I ended up calling my friend whom I have got a lot of my birds from. He promised me he was going to get me at least two more goslings, most likely embdens.
Well, he ended up getting them a day early, and I ended up heading his way to get my goslings
tongue.png
When I got there he told me he not only had 2 embdens... but he had 2 toulouse goslings also. He asked me which pair I wanted, and me, obviously, I cannot pick just one pair... so I ended up bringing all 4, one week old goslings home!

The man whom I had gotten my goslings from also told me he had a gift for me, and he ended up coming out with a freshly laid mandarin duck egg, which is, at this point in time, still in my incubator.

I ended up hatching 4 bourbon red X royal palm turkey poults out of my incubator. I sold 2 to a friend, and also picked that friend up a royal palm poult. While I got the royal palm poult I couldn't help but get myself a narragansett poult, 11 weeks old now, named Rivett. So at the moment I have 3 poults, 2 that are about 3 weeks old, and Rivett.

My muscovy hen who was nesting in my barn on 8 eggs ended up hatching all 8! They are inside though, due to the safety issues, I have too many cats that I cannot trust around baby birds. The first duckling that hatched I found the next morning out in the barn a long way away from mama duck. I just cannot trust the other animals, and the fact that the hen was in a horse stall, and I know for a fact my horses would have no problem whatsoever trampling some ducklings.
I also ended up hatching 2 ducklings from my incubator, so now I have a total of 10.

I currently lost 2 of my adult ducks to my neighbors dog. And this was in 95 degree weather... so it took a few minutes for the bodies to get to stinking. I was upset about that.

Just thought I'd throw in the fact that I also got a new dun quarterhorse mare, she didn't have a name when we got her, so her name now is Abby.

My chicken coop is finished. So I'll make sure to add the pictures to the coop/run page I have.

I will also get pictures of all the new additions!

Last edited:
WOW - that is awesome! I am so glad things are getting better. That ws a real rough patch there.

I can't wait to see pictures - I have week old embdens too - now we can keep track of progress together!

I will cross my fingers for your mandarin egg.
fl.gif

Julie

Wow! Lots of great new things happening at your place! So nice of your friends to help out in getting you some new babies.

Here's some pictures.

This isn't a very good picture, I will get a better one though. The goslings:
goslings.jpg

10 itty bitty ducklings:
ducklings.jpg

And one of my young poults:
poult.jpg

Back
Top Bottom