New additions!

guitari609

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 11, 2008
Taylors, SC
I just got my Pilgrim Geese and Khaki Campbell ducks from Ideal Poultry. I lost one Pilgrim female in shipment because it got stuck outside of the bedding away from the others and got too cold. Ideal is replacing it. I also got one marked as a female that I'm pretty sure is a male....it looks just like the other males anyhow.

n505337761_1430191_470360.jpg

n505337761_1430193_1567248.jpg

Yes the baby geese are the cutest! The brooder is big enough that I can sit inside it on a little makeshift stool I have, and the little geese take about 2 secs to come running to me testing me out, seeing how my jeans taste and then just pile up on my feet and start to go to sleep! They are so curious and funny! And the little ducks are WIDE open, darting everywhere, grabbing food out of the geese's mouths before they can even get it down!

Question about the one gosling that is supposed to be a female that I think it male. The feathers are pretty much the same yellower color that the others marked male are, but her feet and beak are much darker gray than the males, more like the females, or maybe somewhere in between. Anyone have any experience with Pilgrims? Do females sometimes look like the males when they are young and turn darker?

Back
Top Bottom