New Additions!!!!!

Quote:
CORNISH_MAN
It hard to believe a import from Germany was at a auction there only been 4 breeders that has imported them from Wolfgang and I know none of them would sell one for 400.00 it could have been a offspring but that still cheep. The German imports if you could find one for sale you going to pay 1500.00 ea.

It may be hard for you to believe but stranger things have happened. I went to the sale with a friend who is a big peafowl breeder and he goes to this sale every year and there are people from all over the country that come to this sale. Were also going to another one next week that is also an exotic sale. Im hoping to get some java hens for my boys there.

Also anyone that regulars auctions knows you never can tell what something will bring or wont bring.

Must be going to Mt. Hope in Ohio. Maybe we'll see you there!!

I would love to free range my peas but I'm afraid that they would run away and I would never see them. I didn't hand raise them so they are not familiar with me. I bought them at 6 and 7 months old, so they are still learning me. I'm afraid if I let them out of their aviary, something will scare them and they will fly away and I won't be able to get them back in their aviary.
hit.gif

What should I do?

I have total of 6, 2 yearling blues and 1 pied in males. 2 year old pea hens, 1 blue, one pied. And 1 yearling blue hen. I keep them in my cabin coop where they mainly hang out in the lofts. Also have an outdoor run made with kennel panels and netting over top.
This month I have been letting them out for a few hours a day and keeping eye on them. They will hang out on the cabin porch and in the bushes around it.

We had a quick storm blow up with rain, hail and strong winds. I watched from the house and saw the peas go back in cabin. Went out a few minutes after storm stopped and the peas were in backyard soaking wet and scared to death! They were heading for the woods when my hubby and I finally herded them back to cabin... Whew that was a close call. I am not sure I will let them out for awhile......

I recently visited a person who traded out her 2 blue males for my extra 2 pied hens. She had a nice pen set up for them with tall fencing but no netting. Also a large pasture where she did turn them loose daily. They never wandered away for her.

I wish they could be like my turkeys and geese and stay home and go back in pens at night on their own!

Wow!!!! I have never seen something this beautiful. The orange coloring is fantastic. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom