New adventure

Carolegbb

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 13, 2014
My husband and I are very interested I raising a couple of chicken in our back yard we have a large vegetable garden and enjoy working out doors. I have heard of some people that have chickens in the city limits of sebastian fl. We have a double lot and great neighbors but I'm not sure what code enforcement would say? Any information on keeping back yard laying hens 2-3 tops would be of much help before I get my hopes up to high. Thanks

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Call or ask at your local town or city hall for the local ordinances. You might also want to check out the BYC section on Local Chicken Laws and How To Change Them for information and help. www.backyardchickens.com/f/37/local-chicken-laws-amp-ordinances-and-how-to-change-them
And check out your state thread, maybe someone local might know the laws...https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/305793/florida-always-sunny-side-up
Good luck, hope you are able to get chickens soon.

welcome-byc.gif
hope you will be allowed to have some chickens. If not, sometimes people are allowed to have guineas - for ???? reason.

Ok great news we are allowed to keep four chickens. Lots of research to do before we jump in.

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

Back
Top Bottom