New and confused but willing to learn!

Was this an earthworm that got into the water dish? Can you describe what it looked like? If you can get a photo of it you can post at "Emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures thread." to treat for worms you need to know what kinds they have. I would think if you use the search box, you could find out what the different kinds look like.

G’Day from down under Mama_B :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Was this an earthworm that got into the water dish? Can you describe what it looked like? If you can get a photo of it you can post at "Emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures thread." to treat for worms you need to know what kinds they have. I would think if you use the search box, you could find out what the different kinds look like.
It almost looks like a tapeworm long and flat.

*UPDATE*
Sorry for not responding sooner to everyone. Well the chicks are doing well and are adoreable as ever. I gave them Duramycin-10 and washed their little pastybutts have been applying coconut oil to their vents (only the outside :eek:) 7x/day for 2 days and I'm glad to report no more worms or pastybutts! They are healthy and thriving:ya I'm so happy I was able to save 2 of the 7. Hubby is reminding me that I am only to keep them until they can be safely & healthly returned:hit. Our daughter and I have named them and I said they have the sniffles so we can have them for a few days more, if not indefinitely :jumpy:jumpy. Thank you very much for all of your help and warm welcoming. I will keep you posted but am hoping we will get to be their forever home.

Welcome, Mama. Are you sure the worm was not a bit of shavings? Did you save it? I wish you the best, and hope that you find lots of helpful info here on BYC.
It was definitly worms but not sure what kind we have been watching for more and will take pictures if we find anymore. I have given them fresh shavings and geting rid of the old everyday so we will know if any new ones come.

Back
Top Bottom