New and confused but willing to learn!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
This is our second time with chickens but the last time was 12 years ago. This is day 3 for our new batch.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Only two so far.

(3) What breeds do you have?
No clue they are black and yellow. Sorry really big heart hubby works at a farm store and I saw these two itty bitty ones and they were fighting to thrive so I asked hubby to let me take care of them but they were hatched the day before I got them. I'm out of my knowledge base!

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I found you years ago with our first chickens. Then was told to come here from a customer.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love learning about everything but like animals better than most people. Sorry, they are just easier because they are full of love and personality and they can take my sarcasm better than most people but love me in spite of the sarcasm. They also don't mind that I'm Deaf, our dogs even know ASL.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have a wonderful family but our kiddos are almost ready for college. Been happily married for the last 20 years to my best friend. We have four dogs five kids. I work with our local Sheriff's department (where sarcasm comes out most) :weeand I am also on the Fire, SAR, and Dive teams.
Deaf for over four years now due to a rare cancer/ disease but I don't let it dictate me because I am more than a diagnosis.
:welcome

Welcome! I'm a newbie here, too. My deaf daughter is one of the reasons we got chickens - she wanted them, but doesn't have enough property at her house to do them very well, so we're keeping them at my house. We have 3/4 acre, she only has about .2 acre, and most of it is front yard. We only live a couple minutes apart. We have 12 chickens, in a brooder pen in our garage, while we build the coop.

Back
Top Bottom