New and excited

ladychick328

Chirping
Feb 19, 2018
East Texas (Longview area)
I am new to owning Chickens, my husband is not. I have wanted chickens for a very long time, so i am really excited that today is finally here. I live in East Texas and will be getting 3 Silver laced Wynodettes and 3 Rhode Island Reds today. My Dominiques will be in on Thursday and i plan on getting 3 of the Black Australops also. So 1 dozen to start with. Once we get the Coop built, i will decide on a Rooster. I am sure i will have tons of questions.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Welcome aboard to BYC family gr8 people tons of information loads of fun enjoy shake your tail feathers
1250972-eaaf72ec0adea36bcb73d03ebb09f6f1.gif

Welcome to BYC from another Texan! Adding a rooster later and developmentally younger to your flock is a great idea as he needs to be subordinate initially to learn his lady manners. I made the mistake of trying them in one go and they subordinated and hen pecked our hens starting at the 2 month mark. The worst 2 were removed by 3 months with us and the last three at 5ish months. Best of luck! I'm sure one of our greeters will be shooting you the link to our state thread so stop by and say howdy there when you find the time. :frow

Ummm, well..I started last December with 4 Svart Honas. I am up to 14 chickens----....5 svart honas plus an EEger, a blue copper marans, 2 malaysian seramas, a silver laced orpington, 2 blue laced red wyandottes, a double silver laced barnevelder and a lavender orpington. Not bad for just over a year, I'd say. LOL You will have a blast and learn a ton.

Back
Top Bottom