new and having mixed feelings

only4ghosts

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 31, 2012
I very recently joined NYC and I am having mixed feelings about this site. I have picked up a bunch of great advice but have also gotten some very nasty private messages and been really turned off by the elitist attitudes of some seasoned BYCers. Anyone else had this experience?

I agree that you should use the red flags - I flagged someone's posts that I thought were just mean and derogatory, and the next day they had been edited out. So the moderators care about that sort of thing and do address it!

Welcome and I hope you have nothing but positive experiences from now on!

I joined Las fall and I have not had any issues, tho I have seen some elitist comments ... but they are rare. It bothers me that someone is bullying through a PM ... chalk it up to them being cowards and report them. We want and need you here!

This place is great .... and so are 99% of the.peeps on here :)

It has been known to happen, unfortunately. Different forums within BYC have different "regulars" and some places are dicier than others.

I hang out in Random Ramblings and the Incubation sections, often heading over to see Pictures and Stories of my Chickens, then I check the Duck and then the Geese forums.

Ignore the bastids and report the rude PMs to admin. There is SO much else so very positive in BYC!

There are always those folks around.
duc.gif

There is a lot of good information here, report 'em and look for the bright stuff.

welcome-byc.gif
from the gateway to the Okefenokee Swamp and the Folkston Funnel - a train watchers paradise!

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

I am very sorry to hear that you have been treated rudely. That certainly not the kind of regular behavior you will find on BYC. Report them, then come hang out at the michigan thread - We are all very friendly :p

First off Welcome and second I'm so sorry you've had a bad experience. I've been with BYC for about 7 weeks now and I have to say I really don't think that's the norm. People on here are generally very helpful and nice. I would report them if it happens again. Take care and again
welcome-byc.gif
from Southern California!

I love this site. You won't find better advice anywhere on chickens. That being said, I have stayed away from a lot of the breed discussions because some of them take very nasty turns.

Overall, I think you will love this site if you give it a chance. For me, the invaluable information outweighs the occasional snippy comments.

Back
Top Bottom