New Anti-Spam System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, as a new member the system won't let them post images or links. Good news is they should be able to now.
smile.png

Quote:
You need to be able to post to get a new title, so I don't think that would work.
hmm.png

I am very sorry that all you staff members are having to deal with this!!! I hope this clears up soon.

I think your no newbie photos is a good idea, even though our new peeps may have some trouble.

Kooshie - the new members may post, i.e. words, but they can't post their photos.
wink.png

Um, have I been bad? I hope not, but , like on the thread where we are trying to watch our weight, I put a link to web MD's good foods. Should I do that on a PM?

I guess I do not really know what spamming is. When some one gives us a link to their blog, is that spamming? Is it okay if it doesn't have anything to do with chickens?
I do not always want to cut and paste info, I wish to be a law abiding citizen though.

The only thing I've noticed, is that BYC is running very slowly.... it may just be the volume.

Yup, the growth and the new spam systems all add up to more more resource usage. Each tiny change doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you multiply it by the huge volume we see at peak times on BYC, those tiny changes really really adds up quick. One grain of sand in the house... not a big deal. Thousands landing on your head per second... now that can become a problem.
wink.png

I've contacted our server company and put in a request for a server upgrade (which will require moving all our huge databases, 1/4 million pictures, etc.). Hopefully a new-faster server will speed things up and give us the processing power to keep the spam protection going and give us room to grow this Spring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom