New arrivals

IMG_20190207_074153133.jpg

Lucky you! :love That's one adorable group of fluffy peeps. :celebrate What else are you getting this year? :pop

I'm expecting chicks tomorrow morning. :)

~Alex
New Hampshire reds, Barred Rocks, Rhode Island Whites, Columbian Wyandottes and more White Rocks. Also 30 broilers. These will be coming from Valley Farms Hatchery in March. In April I'm getting Blue Stars, American Stars, Sunset Stars and BLRW from Northstar Poultry. I just bought a house with 2 acres and want to try my hand at breeding.

I'm not getting chicks from Hoover's until later this year. But I am jealous!!!!

You are so lucky to be able to get them this early. It's 6 degrees here today and won't be that warm tomorrow. At least the 5 inches of predicted snow turned out to be only about 1.

Enjoy your lovely babies!
Yeah I was a little worried because it was 7 degrees in Iowa when they shipped but I live in South Texas where it's been 80 degrees for the past few days. They all arrived very energetic, eating, drinking and all seem to be doing great.

How exciting! What a precious group of fluffies you have there. :love I ordered some chicks for the first time but I won't get them until March.

I'm going to be getting:
Easter Egger, Lakeshore Egger, Blue Ameracauna, Austra White, Blue Andalusian, Welsummer and Golden Cuckoo Maran. :jumpy A little variety to go with the few breeds I already have (Buff Orpington, New Hampshire Red, Jersey Giant and Black Australorp, male Porcelain Booted Bantam and male Silkie).

I can't wait! :wee

New Hampshire reds, Barred Rocks, Rhode Island Whites, Columbian Wyandottes and more White Rocks. Also 30 broilers. These will be coming from Valley Farms Hatchery in March. In April I'm getting Blue Stars, American Stars, Sunset Stars and BLRW from Northstar Poultry. I just bought a house with 2 acres and want to try my hand at breeding.
Finally, someone who doesn't make me guilty by only buying a few chicks! ;):lol: All joking aside, that's a wonderful, colorful selection. :) What are Sunset Stars?
What are you getting and from where?
30 or more Old English Game bantams from Cackle Hatchery, in assorted and specified varieties. :love I also have Mallards and Call ducks coming April, from Eagle Nest Poultry. :D
But....... I also picked up 22 Easter eggers, Barred Rock and Cuckoo Marans about a month ago from a local breeder. Also, 19 Barred Rock, New Hampshire reds, SLW, Delaware, RIR, Production Reds, and Buff Orpington from a local feed store that get their chicks from Ideal Poultry. Currently have three brooders going. View attachment 1666317 View attachment 1666319 View attachment 1666320 View attachment 1666322 View attachment 1666323
Your setup is enviable! :eek:

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom