New at Backyard Chickens

You are welcome to join any thread that interests you. As to egg eaters, my friend has two serama hens (house pets) and they break open the shells and the dog happily eats the contents. They are like partners in crime. My friend doesn't care- she says the eggs are too small to be useful. But egg eating is a very bad habit to allow - and chickens quickly learn in do it by watching the others. You can put "egg eaters" in the search box for some suggestions. Generally it's best to pick up the eggs as soon as they lay them (when possible) or to get roll away nest boxes. The eggs roll to another end of the nest box where the chickens don't see them.

Thank you for all the information. I have been so confused on how to work this website. You have all been very helpful. Well hopefully I will be able to break it since I am hoping to hatch out some eggs.

welcome-byc.gif
Welocme to BYC!!! It is an aweosme forum (the BEST in the world) and has a great comminity!!! Hope you have a great time and learn A LOT!

Welcome to the best resource for all things chicken! This site is a wealth of info and reading on how to do better for the girls. :) Ask away and someone will answer...

Well thanks so much! I am apart of the Easter Egger club too! What do you think are Easter Eggers nice birds. I just saw your Chicken picture of the week. I love your little chicks they are so cute!

Back
Top Bottom