New Australian Hatching Mystery Egg at Home

Ahhiieeee!
wee.gif

Because of this change I've just stopped my assist right there and haven't done anything after all-- all my tools and notes are still sitting ready though in case I need to. No change in the cracks or things again, maybe it is resting again after that second pip/crack.

What should I do now? Just leave it? How long should I leave it for before I consider pulling the piece of shell off again like I was just going to?

It's talking to me again from inside when I talk to it! Little adorable peeping cheeping noises!!
love.gif
love.gif

Ahhiieeee!
wee.gif

Because of this change I've just stopped my assist right there and haven't done anything after all-- all my tools and notes are still sitting ready though in case I need to. No change in the cracks or things again, maybe it is resting again after that second pip/crack.

What should I do now? Just leave it? How long should I leave it for before I consider pulling the piece of shell off again like I was just going to?

It's talking to me again from inside when I talk to it! Little adorable peeping cheeping noises!!
love.gif
love.gif

Since it is progressing, I wouldn't do anything for now, looks like it might be ok on its own. If it stays like that for an extended period of time, then we can worry but for now, seems like it's moving forward! Congrats!!

Arrrrrgggggggg!!!!! hahahahaha

I was CERTAIN that this morning would have a result lol. I waded through 91 new posts. I found when you awoke, I shared the moment of finding a new crack, then watching another new crack form...still had a page to go so was certain there would be evidence of what it was, but now.

You have amazing will power to not have lifted part of the shell by now!

It seems that the little one is almost here. I have to go to work (already an hour late!) and run some errands so I won't be back for some time. Looking forward to hearing the news this afternoon.

Good luck!

Since it is progressing, I wouldn't do anything for now, looks like it might be ok on its own. If it stays like that for an extended period of time, then we can worry but for now, seems like it's moving forward! Congrats!!
Okay, thank you very much! I'll just keep constantly checking on it. I might make some efforts to do some work myself today as it is a work day (home business, thankfully!! so I can stay and watch the egg!) in an effort to distract myself and make sure I don't intervene unnecessarily. I'm so happy, I really want to have a wonderful happy easter story to share with you all about this baby!

Arrrrrgggggggg!!!!! hahahahaha

I was CERTAIN that this morning would have a result lol. I waded through 91 new posts. I found when you awoke, I shared the moment of finding a new crack, then watching another new crack form...still had a page to go so was certain there would be evidence of what it was, but now.

You have amazing will power to not have lifted part of the shell by now!

It seems that the little one is almost here. I have to go to work (already an hour late!) and run some errands so I won't be back for some time. Looking forward to hearing the news this afternoon.

Good luck!
I'm so sorry! It's really taking it's time this little mystery itty bitty! Maybe it's just revelling in all of the attention and it loves the suspense! I just hope that not lifting the shell at any point has been the right thing to do, I've pulled out my hair and chewed my nails and bitten my lip raw in the anxiety! I'm really very patient but I also am so easily stressed and non-confident in my abilities, but I'm really glad if the patience was the right thing here!! Good luck at your work today, I'm sorry if this adventure made you late! Have a good time and hopefully there will be news soon!! :D

No need to be sorry, certainly not your fault, you have done everything right!

(yes, I saw there were two new posts and had to read them before walking out the door!)

I have flexi-time with work, I own the business so I can afford to be late sometimes. I stay late far more often anyway.

Last edited:
It should hatch very soon. Because when my chicks started to zip next thing I know they are already out and rolling about the incubator.

Okay, thank you very much! I'll just keep constantly checking on it. I might make some efforts to do some work myself today as it is a work day (home business, thankfully!! so I can stay and watch the egg!) in an effort to distract myself and make sure I don't intervene unnecessarily. I'm so happy, I really want to have a wonderful happy easter story to share with you all about this baby!

I'm so sorry! It's really taking it's time this little mystery itty bitty! Maybe it's just revelling in all of the attention and it loves the suspense! I just hope that not lifting the shell at any point has been the right thing to do, I've pulled out my hair and chewed my nails and bitten my lip raw in the anxiety! I'm really very patient but I also am so easily stressed and non-confident in my abilities, but I'm really glad if the patience was the right thing here!! Good luck at your work today, I'm sorry if this adventure made you late! Have a good time and hopefully there will be news soon!! :D

i think if you said "bye, I have to go off to work now" there would be a BYC riot lol. in just over 30 hrs, there have been over 5000 index fingers click mouse keys or tap phones and pads to she whats happening with this bloody chick!

we are all so excited

Back
Top Bottom