New babies! Any ideas?(4 pics)

Terry

Songster
11 Years
Oct 16, 2008
Lexington,NC
Itook some pics of my new bantam babies.
jumpy.gif

big_smile.png
I took a pic near the mirror to see both sides of the 1st and I am not sure about the one on the left in the 2nd photo with the polish. Black beak and feet but not fluffy like a silkie, maybe a mutt lol
On the other 2 brahma or cochin???
idunno.gif

17215_new_babies_008.jpg

17215_3_21_09-6.jpg

17215_new_baby_portraits_010.jpg

17215_new_baby_portraits_018.jpg

Last edited:
I think any chick with black legs and feathers on their legs are silkies???? Still looking at the others.

Last edited:
The wing feathers on #2 are not coming in silkie, so at most a silkie cross. Langshan have slate to black shanks & toes and are featherfooted, and that is my guess for #2.

I don't see any that look like silkies. #1 will have a crest; I am guessing bearded blue polish.

For #3 & #4, I believe faverolle or brahma (count toes: 4=brahma, 5=faverolle)

#1--The first one looks like a polish to me. Some polish are bearded.
#2--Black eyes and skin+feathered legs=silkie. It's probably just not very good quality, though all silkies have hard flight feathers.
#3--Looks like a d'uccles, but I'm no expert. I don't know what #4 is
smile.png

I raise silkies--that is NOT a silkie. Better quality silkies do not have solid flight feathers; occasionally they will have some partially solid feathering in their wings and tails. When the tips come is like those, there are unlikely to be any silkie feathers.

Well. Good luck finding out what they are. It would kill me not to know what they were. Nice pics and cute babies.

Back
Top Bottom