1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New babies here! (with pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Pequena Bandada, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Pequena Bandada

Pequena Bandada Small Flock

Jun 13, 2010
    I got "the call" this morning at 10am telling me that our new chicks were ready and waiting at the Post Office! All 8 made it safe and sound and seem to be perky and happy after a few hours of rest in the new brooder. We don't know what two of them are (they were "assorted bantams"), so if you can help me guess, I'd appreciate it!

Here are some pics:

Salmon Faverole (I wasn't squeezing her - the picture just makes it look that way!)
    [​IMG]

Plymouth Rock
    [​IMG]

Silver Wyandotte
    [​IMG]

Red Star
    [​IMG]

White Leghorn
    [​IMG]

Silkie bantam - although we have no idea what color she'll be. Can any of you tell?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mystery Bantam 1 - any guesses? This little guy is tiny; smaller than the other two bantams and is the most vocal of the lot. Legs are greyish/orangeish, no feathers on feet, and four toes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mystery Bantam 2 - any guesses? This little one has greenish/greyish legs, no feathers on feet, and four toes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chick4chix

chick4chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    ADORABLE BABIES!! Congratulations! [​IMG] whatever they are - they are cuter than cute!
    I'm guessing splash or partridge on the silkie chick.
    I'm guessing bantam EE's on the mystery chicks.
    Anyone else?

3. Lisa202

Lisa202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2010
    Long Island NY
    You got a great assortment! They are soooooo adorable. I had a hard time figuring out a couple of them too. Every time I thought I knew, a day would go by and they would change again and I'd be back to guessing. I got a bantam assortment too (they are 5 weeks old), but I requested brahmas and EE's and they gave me 4 & 3 of them and then a golden seabright, splash rosecomb, and a cochin. Oh no....I think I want more..I can't fight it....it's too strong....help me....fight...it........

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  4. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    They are adorable!![​IMG]

The first mystery chick looks like a bantam dutch or OEG.

The second mystery chick is most likely a d'Anver or an EE. If it has a single comb it's a d'Anver, pea comb means EE.

I love the little silky and the SF. I love the feather footed puffy cheeked babies. Adorable!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by