New baby chick ..i need help

Poultry Nutri-drench is my preferred, but others use different vitamin mixes with equal success. But it doesn't contain the B vitamins so you'll need that as well. @Ravynscroft You've told me, but I can't find it... What's the best B vitamin for chicks?

51RyDG1KQCL._SL1333_.jpg

Beef Liver or actually any kind of liver is also loaded with B vitamins, and fatty canned fish in oil such as pink salmon or mackerel have solid doses of B, D and E as well as omega 3s.
Ok so ill buy a few things of nutri drench and a type of canned fish or should i see if there's other b vitamin things ... I'll get the fish too and try that first with nutri drench ??.. It seems healthy just sleeping alot it wakes up and drinks the wet food on its own and can stand on its own

Riboflavin is what you need for curled toes. MERCK (search riboflavin). It's the most common nutritional deficiency in poultry and should always be supplemented before you gather hatching eggs if you know you have a deficiency. It'a also available at your local Walmart and is nearly impossible to overdose. He's too young, but dandelions and spinach and strawberries all also contain riboflavin--especially dandelions.

Chick starter crumble is best for them, however hard boiled egg yolk and things like dog biscuits soked in warm water are alright for a day or two if you have nothing else. Also the chick looked a little wet in the photos, maybe it just got sticky from the high humidity but make sure it stays nice and cosy in the incubator. Well done on taping the feet too, you've done a very good job :)

G’Day from down under AprilN1994 :frow Welcome!

Sorry that I am not able to help out with your chick but you are in great hands and BYC is definitely the place to seek assistance. I wish you and your little one all the best.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Chick starter crumble is best for them, however hard boiled egg yolk and things like dog biscuits soked in warm water are alright for a day or two if you have nothing else. Also the chick looked a little wet in the photos, maybe it just got sticky from the high humidity but make sure it stays nice and cosy in the incubator. Well done on taping the feet too, you've done a very good job :)
I feel like my baby is going to die and i cant do anything about it... I hate this im so scared for my chick

Back
Top Bottom