New baby ducklings

chickiebean85

Songster
6 Years
Dec 22, 2015
Maine
I got two baby ducklings yesterday, straight run. They were hatched on May 14th I know kind of early to tell the sex but they sound like boys most of the time then every once in awhile at least one let's out this louder peep, peep, peep. They both make the sound when I pick them out but one does sometimes randomly. They are a mix of blue swedish, khaki campbell, and white campbell the dad is the blue swedish and the mom is the mix of the campbells. One looks more black and yellow and one is a light gray with yellow( the random peeper) they are close in size but the darker one is slightly taller( the black one) https://www.instagram.com/p/BUfuLv2FjML/ if you can see this link the last picture I posted was of them ☺

I was actually originally looking for a Ancona, but I found these locally and thought they were so cute and I liked the coloring also. I have two Pekin drakes that will be 5 May 29th so really hoping for females. But vent sexing really scares me, I don't want to hurt them so I try the other methods. I went with smaller ones. Fingers crossed ☺

Back
Top Bottom