New Birdbrain in Colorado

telehillco

Chirping
11 Years
Mar 15, 2009
Front Range, CO
So nice to have found a great forum for questions and info as a newbie chicken owner. Here's my basic info:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Brought home our first three chicks (ever) 8 days ago. I can't believe how much they've changed already and I'm glad I'm keeping a photo record.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Three: Foghorn (Rhode Island Red), Leghorn (also Rhode Island Red) and Jersey Girl (Buff Orpington). My husband came up with the names. Jersey Girl is probably named after me, though I'm not your typical Jersey girl by the fact that I'm living here in CO with three chickens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
See #2

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Searching for coop ideas. It's was what finally hooked my husband since he's a talented woodworker and needed a new project. I'd say it's already halfway done.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Skiing, kayaking, biking, triathlons and gardening (really anything outside)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
No other pets right now. The chicks are filling in double duty as pets and egg layers. My friends and family find it a little odd that I have chickens since I don't actually like eggs on their own, but my husband makes great desserts, french toast and I'm saving up quiche recipies. In the rest of my life I'm a college prof teaching a lot about sustainability, so it feels nice to walk the walk a little more.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to reading and learning as my chicks grow.

Hello
frow.gif
and WELCOME to BYC from NC

Back
Top Bottom