New breed ‘No crow roosters’

I would like it if there was a breeder somewhere that was breeding chickens with roosters that don’t give the alarm 🚨.

It would be great to have a (bantam) rooster that doesn’t wake me and the neighbourhood up every morning at sunrise 🌅 .

Why isn’t there a breeder on this planet giving it a try? Many people would embrace this this new ‘ No crow’ breed bc of city laws just dont like to deal with the noise of roosters.
I have Red Rhod island Adult Rooster that is healthy but won't crow for nothing he is silent

I almost had it dialed in, I would adopt many roosters, then process the crowers, and keep the non-crowers until they crow, keep hatching for the ones that crow last. I got as far as 7 months before a rooster crowed and ended up processing. I currently have a white rock, who is going on 4months has not crowed but now that I am talking about it I will expect him to start. I am not going to try and breed out crowing any longer.

Animals adapt. I think if you bred a short crow or quieter bird they would find an alternative communication tool so I don't see it as cruel. Besides, these chickens are not going to be running wild in a jungle. They are being bred for suburban neighborhoods. Situations where the hoa is forcing a no rooster policy. Like Basenji dogs that can't bark these roosters would be ok.

I had Spangled Russian Orloffs that rarely crowed. They have been the quietest birds I ever owned. You might ask around to see if my birds were an aberration or if it is common for the breed.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I not only think it would be possible, I think it would be relatively easy. You can make very large changes in a breed of animal or plant pretty quickly. I just can't see people doing it because it isn't economically feasible in the short term.

Back
Top Bottom