New Brinsea EX 28 - Help please - High Room Temp Alarm

Merci BeauCoop

Songster
Feb 4, 2019
Oregon - Portland Area
After a heartbreakingly low hatch rate on my first ever chicks, I decided I didn't want to go through that again. I just purchased a Brinsea EX 28 and am trying to stabilize it prior to setting my eggs on Monday. I keep getting a High Room Temp Alarm and the temperature inside the incubator is spiking. The room is no more than 70 - 71 degrees. It is not close to any heating vents nor is it in the sun. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

After a heartbreakingly low hatch rate on my first ever chicks, I decided I didn't want to go through that again. I just purchased a Brinsea EX 28 and am trying to stabilize it prior to setting my eggs on Monday. I keep getting a High Room Temp Alarm and the temperature inside the incubator is spiking. The room is no more than 70 - 71 degrees. It is not close to any heating vents nor is it in the sun. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks for whatever help you can provide.
Any help would be REALLY appreciated :)

The only thing that I can offer is how to do a hard reset, which solved the problems I was having earlier this week. I couldn’t find this info online but they’re helpful if you call... but won’t be open til Monday.

Hold down the OK button and unplug the unit while you’re still holding down the button plug it back in and keep holding OK and it will start beeping and then the temperature should display in Celsius… That is how you will know it has reset. Try that??

The only thing that I can offer is how to do a hard reset, which solved the problems I was having earlier this week. I couldn’t find this info online but they’re helpful if you call... but won’t be open til Monday.

Hold down the OK button and unplug the unit while you’re still holding down the button plug it back in and keep holding OK and it will start beeping and then the temperature should display in Celsius… That is how you will know it has reset. Try that??
Thank you SO much! I just tried that. I will let you know how it worked. So grateful for your help! :love

Grrrrr. But also yay! I wish they made that reset more known.

Do you have a secondary thermometer in there to watch it and make sure it doesn’t spike when it’s on Celsius?? I’d leave it there and call Monday morning.

Back
Top Bottom