New Call Ducks - Advice please!

Pics
Maybe because she is picking up on him since he’s not quite himself? Seems when one of the flock isn’t feeling their best the others will pick on them even try to run them off since in the wild they the sick or weak would draw predators in. @Pyxis

Last edited:
Hello!

A small update.

I've now moved the ducks outside! They have a small pen and a large duck house that they are loving. :)

Every morning it's corn and waterfowl pellets for breakfast, and then a free roam of the garden whilst being supervised. They are locked in every night.

Puddles still has wet feather, I have to bring him in if it's been damp or raining to dry his feathers with the hair dryer before putting him to bed.
I have bought some Country Living Vital Vits+, which is something that goes into the drinking water to help with nutrition. I was going to start putting it in a small bowl of drinking water as the current bowl in the pen is big enough for them to bathe in and I don't want them to be bathing in their nutrients hahaha.
They are not hugely fussed on mealworms but I still throw a handful into their pen despite this.

His feces is dark brown and runny, a change to what it was at the start of the week where it literally just water-like and almost white/yellow/toffee coloured.

Both are absolutely loving the free range of the garden and I will upload photos with the next update!

Hello all!

Please watch the video I have provided of Puddles.

I have moved them outside and they have a house with hay (straw soon to be added) and a small pen with a water bowl for drinking from which they can also stand in. The water is changed daily.

Diet consists of corn and waterfowl pellets daily, mealworms every other day and peas & beans 1-2 times a week. They free roam every day as well.

Puddles has been doing this since we got him, more often when he is wet. I dry him as much as I can but it's wet weather a lot here because Winter is approaching. Is he in discomfort?

Many thanks.

Hello all!

Please watch the video I have provided of Puddles.

I have moved them outside and they have a house with hay (straw soon to be added) and a small pen with a water bowl for drinking from which they can also stand in. The water is changed daily.

Diet consists of corn and waterfowl pellets daily, mealworms every other day and peas & beans 1-2 times a week. They free roam every day as well.

Puddles has been doing this since we got him, more often when he is wet. I dry him as much as I can but it's wet weather a lot here because Winter is approaching. Is he in discomfort?

Many thanks.

Very odd. Does he flap his wings? It’s almost like they are pinned to his body and he is trying to stretch them and can’t. Can you extend his wings out completely?

Very odd. Does he flap his wings? It’s almost like they are pinned to his body and he is trying to stretch them and can’t. Can you extend his wings out completely?

He can extend his wings as he has fully flapped them several times when preening and when bathing.

Gosh poor Puddles.... Hopefully someone will respond soon with some ideas. I don't know if wet feather causes that - are you still giving him vitamins

Yes he has vitamins in the drinking water :)

Back
Top Bottom