New Cape Cod Coop (Pic Heavy)

Very solid, well built looking coop
clap.gif
Pretty setting too - I can see why security was a big factor in your build...

Do you have plans for this coop you could share or the measurements for the hens to lay there eggs. It's very nice.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words. It's been a while since we built the coop. The only afterthought was that I added a roof over the run. It's not really a roof roof, but corrugated translucent fiberglass (you know the crinkle cut french fry sheets of fiberglass). This has survived a coupe of tough winters just fine. The way it is pitched makes it almost invisible from our house. The reason for doing this is that the run now stays dry and less food gets turned to mush when it rains. Cleaning the run is now much easier and we never get that stinky, wet muck filled run anymore. Much better.

Stacy, The neat boxes are about 12"x14" and once in a while I have seen two hens squeezed into one nest. It seems strange but they only lay eggs in the outside nests. We would have been fine with two or three because they always share. It's pouring outside so I will confirm tomorrow and post if I'm too far off.

I just wanted to say very nice coop
big_smile.png
I wish I would of had hubby put the nesting boxes out like yours, my hens would of had a lot more space inside and i could put up another roosting bar.

Great job
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom