New Chapter in our life and could use some prayer

Quote:
hide.gif
Are you reading my mind?

We'll be finishing up our 3rd month on the market in a couple of days. I'm sitting here, feeling frustrated and down. Our decision to move, put our house on the market, found a house that we all fell in love with and they accepted our low offer, happened at breakneck speed. It really felt like the path had already been cleared and we were just being shoved down it. We had a buyer and then we didn't have a buyer. All of a sudden, nothing. It feels as though I've been dumped in a dark cave with no flashlight. I have no idea what to do or where to go.

So, I'm sitting here and searching on the internet about praying about selling a house and what do I find, your post on BYC. My favorite site, which happens to be open on another tab. This is just too weird. Prayers said for you.
fl.gif
Would you mind doing the same?

I do have some advice. Trying to sell your home yourself is ok . . .but as a Realtor, and not because of the money we make off of selling a home, there are so many pitfalls waiting out there for you with no one to catch your fall or watch your back, its scary what could happen down the road. Give it 30 days and if you don't have a lot of solid hits off of your web page, then think about contacting an agent and ask about what is called a "one time show" at a lesser comm. It still won't go out on their regional website, but at least you have someone who just might have people looking for what you have. Advertisements in the newspapers will just break you financially and over 90% of all buyers go on the internet, so that is great you did a webpage. If nothing else, contact an agent and see if they would at least write the purchase contract for your buyer for a fee. Most want a %, because there is a lot of stuff we do that the buyers/sellers do not see, but its worth a shot and that way all the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted. In this sue happy world today, you can't be too careful.

The bad thing about FSBO's for the area real estate agencies is, we might have a buyer but we won't promote your property until its a last resort because there might not be anything in it for us. If you contact the local agencies in your area, and tell them you would be willing to do a one time show with any agent who has a pre-qualified buyer, you would be happy to do it at a lower rate. Most will jump on it, because its money in their pocket they don't have. We don't "like" to do it, but its also a good PR for us, as being a good person to do a favor for someone in need.

About the home schooling and such, just back off of it a little bit and take a break. Instead of the 3-4 hours or whatever you do a day, knock an hour off and do one subject every other day or something to give everyone a break. It will be hard on the kids too to make this big change, and you will want to spend a lot of time with your folks to help them adjust to this big change in their life too.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to see some pics of the home you have for sale. What is the website?

My husband and I lived with his parents while we were building our house. Remember, just take it one day at a time and maintain boundaries. Keep your goal in mind. It was a stressful year and a half, but when all was said and done it was definitely worth it.
BTW, the house sounds great DH and I wish you the best of luck. Would love to know how it's going.

Yea we were considered going with an agent at first but after one never showing up for an appointment and then calling to say after the appointment she had decided to pass us off to an agent in the town over, and another agent lowballing the price of the house and then letting us know she was in the market( after putting her MIL in a nursing home and selling her house) for a good rental property. Well that kinda scared me off. I talked to our estate lawyer and did a bit of research before coming to the point of doing FSBO.

http://picasaweb.google.com/home?tab=mq this is the link to our photo page. I still ( yes I am bad) have not put it up on craigslist yet. I will after the weekend. Was trying to get a couple last project finished before I did. We have roughly 3000 sq ft of finished space. I have to remeasure because I did the measurements wrong according to the lawyer. So that is on the list for tomorrow.

I will definitely pray for you australorpchick. We had a friend who had their house on the market 6 months. They listed it on again and were meeting a lawyer about paperwork the day after. It will happen. It would be nice if we had some definite answers though. I know thats not how it works but...

Back
Top Bottom