New chic whisper here , hello my fellow chick whispers 🐓🙋🏻‍♀️

MT chic whisper

Chirping
Jan 20, 2020
Hi , I’ve almost at the 1 year mark as a new chicken owner . Got my 4 Hens last April the Spring of 2019 . And my Rooster was born July 2019 we got him at 16 weeks old , he was hatch by his mama hen and raised in a larger hen house with 25 hens.
I have 4 Hens and 1 Rooster

I have a mix of breeds the Hens are all different , 1 each of nuff Orphington, blackish dark green Maron, Rhode Island red, and a shy Americana(
My Rooster is Half California gray and half Brahma
My favorite part of raising chickens is watching them in the open yard running and flying from the retaining wall and scratching in the dirt and dust bathing while listen to them Happily cluck and coo with one Another .
I also have 2 cats that are friendly with my hens but mr rooster We call him mr Pock , well he isn’t very happy to see the cats in the yard , he runs them off quickly , but they don’t mind as we have a high open space behind our back yard
My six-year-old grandson enjoys feeding treats to the hens by hand . All of our six adult children love to come over and see the clutch of chicken as they are growing and now giving us 4 eggs each day . Lots of eggs to go around our big family too .
I found backyard chickens simply by googling it and have been subscribing to the newsletter and just decided to join the forum recently hello everyone glad I’m here
41334FD0-7BC2-49EF-9E1C-561BE0A609DD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom