New chick lost her chirp?

Holdthechicken

Songster
Mar 11, 2023
Hi all some details about my chick “Charzard”:

Absolutely tiny blue silkie from IFA feed store, the store said Hoovers but I didn’t see blue silkies listed through them.

I got her on Friday 4/21, so probably just under or just about a week since “she” hatched.

She does eat and drink but not a lot of both, she has had a bit of pasty butt that I’ve been keeping on top of.

She had THE LOUDEST chirp, until yesterday I went to check on her and it was just soundless. She doesn’t appear to have anything lodged in her nose or throat, just no “voice”.

Im afraid she may be a failure to thrive chick, she’s just not growing. I’ve given chick vitamin and probiotics. I’ve tried a bit of egg yolk. Her poops look normal when not clumping up.

I was using a heat plate, but due to her size also have a heat lamp going cause I was afraid she was too cold to come out and eat and drink.

Am I missing something? Why would she lose her voice? I’ve attached a picture of the day we got her (in the box), yesterday and a video from today showing her “chirp”. It honestly doesn’t look like she’s grown at all. Video of charzards chirp

Attachments

• E0E6ECF0-28C0-40C3-B067-B961BC90B610.jpeg
    E0E6ECF0-28C0-40C3-B067-B961BC90B610.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 249
  • 3E545271-72FE-4F16-BECC-672E2808B477.jpeg
    3E545271-72FE-4F16-BECC-672E2808B477.jpeg
    392.5 KB · Views: 8
I just realized in the video you can hear a louder chirp but that’s my other chicks. She sounds a whisper of a chirp if you listen carefully.

Did your baby survive? Today I realized that my tiny Polish chick has the same issue. :( She’s 5 days old.

Did you ever figure out what was happening with your chick? My tiny Polish chick has these exact symptoms. I treated her pasty butt tonight (just realized that she had it), and very puzzled by her lost voice.

Did your baby survive?

Back
Top Bottom