New chick with umbilical issues.

I know your chick is okay now, but I came up with an idea for anyone who may be having a similar issue. Bee venom. It reduces swelling, and disinfects, it can be a little pricey if you're looking to buy it, but Amazon has some good deals.If you were to apply bee venom on your chicks bum, the swelling would go down and you could just push his intestines in. Bee venom also helps reduce pain. I hope somebody finds this helpful, it was just an idea I had and thought that it might be useful.:D

Sadly, the chick passed overnight. It seemed fine yesterday evening. I did the best I could. Now, I'm working on my humidity issues before my next hatch.

Sadly, the chick passed overnight. It seemed fine yesterday evening. I did the best I could. Now, I'm working on my humidity issues before my next hatch.
Temperature is the number one cause of this issue. Work on both.

Do you have a brinsea spot check thermometer? If not buy one ASAP

So I would say, THEY decide if they are a lost cause or not! Looks like the little guy surprised us all. Came here because i had 2 this morning that have the protruding umbilical bump & wanted info. They seem ok & lively. Looks like I will give them time to decide what THEY want to do. Great thread. THX!

Back
Top Bottom