New Chick!

Chelz1234

Hatching
Jun 29, 2016
Hey, so I have had chickens for a while. I have 3 Rhode Island Reds (they are hens) and 1 Silkie (he is a Rooster).
We had two eggs in the incubator and they are a mix of the two breeds. One egg Hatched this morning. The other has not hatched yet. I have kept the chick in the incubator. It has not yet dried. Any suggestions on what I should do.

Sorry that the picture is blurry.
smile.png

Hey, so I have had chickens for a while. I have 3 Rhode Island Reds (they are hens) and 1 Silkie (he is a Rooster).
We had two eggs in the incubator and they are a mix of the two breeds. One egg Hatched this morning. The other has not hatched yet. I have kept the chick in the incubator. It has not yet dried. Any suggestions on what I should do.

Sorry that the picture is blurry.
smile.png

Leave it there and don't disturb the hatching process of the unhatched baby. Chicks can last a while without food or water, when hatcheries ship them, they usually go 2 days without eating or drinking. So just give your other chick more time so he/she hatches. Opening the incubator now, might drop the humidity in there and make it hard if not impossible for the other chick to hatch.

Thank you! The Chick has fluffed up and he was moved to a small area with a heat lamp. The other egg has not hatched yet.

Back
Top Bottom