New chicken lover from Texas!

Nrod7TX

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 8, 2013
Texas
Hello everyone, I am new to BYC and very excited. Raising chickens has been a hobby of mine since highschool and I am now starting up my new flock!

Awesome, I live in Poolville. (west of DFW). I have been down that way before though, near Conroe and the Woodlands.

Howdy from Kansas, Nrod7TX, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy to have you aboard! Good luck to you and your chickens!

Thanks everyone. What breed of chickens do you guys raise?

So far I have three white leghorns(two hens and a rooster), and two delaware pullets in one flock, and then 4 silver laced bantam cochins I'm keeping separately(three pullets and a cockerel). Hoping to find some more hens for the chicken yard, but I need a bigger coop first.

So far I have three white leghorns(two hens and a rooster), and two delaware pullets in one flock, and then 4 silver laced bantam cochins I'm keeping separately(three pullets and a cockerel). Hoping to find some more hens for the chicken yard, but I need a bigger coop first.
Cool! How are your Leghorns? I have never owned any, but have read they are a little crazy and flighty :D. I am actually just about done building my new coop, but it has taken very very long. It is surprising how much money it takes to make it look good.

Back
Top Bottom