New Chicken Mama here!

Hayleylashea

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2017
Flower Mound, TX
Hi All! Thanks for letting me (and my family and flock) be a part of the community! We got our first 3 chicks about 4 weeks ago. The addiction set in FAST and we quickly got 2 more! I plan to get 2-3 more by the end of this season and maybe a couple more next year. I'm trying to have a "colorful" flock with only 1-2 of different breeds. Right now I have a Cuckoo Maran, Barred Rock, Welsumer, and 2 Buff Orpingtons. I'm hoping to start adding more unique/endangered breeds as they come available butI felt that getting these standard egg layers was a great way to start. I found out about BackYardChicken.com when I was chatting with some of my other personal friends who have chickens. They said I would be able to find a wealth of info here, and I already have! I'm a stay-at-home mom with a husband and 3 kids under 6. Some other hobbies I like to do with my family are Offroad "jeeping" or "rock crawling" and also camping. I'm glad to have chickens because it gives us an at-home reason to be outdoors when we can't be camping! Thanks again and looking forward to chicken adventuring with you all!
~Hayley aka OffroadChickenMama

Greetings from Kansas, Hayleylashea, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! You came to the right place to learn the ropes of chicken keeping! If you haven't discovered it yet, the Learning Center is packed with informative articles: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures
And you can converse with some fellow TX poultry folks in your state thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

G’Day from down under Hayley
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received links to some good starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Hi Hayley and a warm welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

Best wishes
CT

Back
Top Bottom