Thank you!

@duluthralphie we need to chat coops! I’ve moved somewhere up away from the cities and the weather is just like Duluth! (If that’s where you are?!)
How do I keep the chooks from turning into chickcicles?! We can still adjust the coop build if needed. Feel like there’s so much conflicting info out there for what to do and what NOT to do…?
Most chickens do just fine. You have to think in chicken terms and not human terms.

Make sure they have ventilation. Humidity will kill them during the winter. Cold seldom will.

Mine have no heat, and the current few I have left ( no they didn’t freeze to death). They were either sold or they had an ax fall on their little bitty necks. Live in an slight improvement over a cardboard box lying on its side.

They do fine. Expect frost bitten combs no matter where they are or avoid single comb breeds.

Most chickens do just fine. You have to think in chicken terms and not human terms.

Make sure they have ventilation. Humidity will kill them during the winter. Cold seldom will.

Mine have no heat, and the current few I have left ( no they didn’t freeze to death). They were either sold or they had an ax fall on their little bitty necks. Live in an slight improvement over a cardboard box lying on its side.

They do fine. Expect frost bitten combs no matter where they are or avoid single comb breeds.
With driving winds I’m guessing best ventilation is up high along the roof line? Maybe am worrying too much about windows when I should be looking up 🆙?

LOL 😆 I love the cardboard box analogy…that’s about what my grandma had….!!!

Back
Top Bottom