New chicken mom in WI

Angiebubs

Songster
8 Years
Aug 19, 2011
Amery, WI WI/MN border
Hi~

Brand new to raising chickens (Had a business raising exotic birds in Cali years ago, and discovering chickens are a whole new world) with 5 Barred rocks (1-two wk old, 4 four day olds), 2 cochins (2 wks old-Suppossedly frizzle or frizzle carriers?) and 1 top hat mix (2 wks old).
In the process of converting part of our "mini horse barn" into a coop (260 sq ft), along with close to 900 sq ft of the pasture to be fenced in (Is 5 ft tall enough?). I posted questions to "Raising baby chicks" on help with determing sexes of my babies before I saw this area.
I have become quite the "Chicken brain" of late-think Im driving everyone crazy with my detailed updates on what Im learning on BYC as well as the antics of my "Babies"-6 of the 8 are named old fashioned ladies names (Dotty, Petunia, Roxi, Opal, Ahmelia, Nellie) in hopes I can "sway" their gender into the sweet little girls I am hoping they are.
Im excited to be a part of this forum, in order to share the fun experiences and get answers to all my gazillion questions!

welcome i too have learned alot from here. one thing that would help is if you put your state in your profile thus it would come up when you post or ask a question. may help you meet people you could do business with. we are in western ky have a daughter near eau claire west wisconsin. and we have wyandottes also from wisconsin love cheese (but sorry not green bay packers)
visited eagle river area for vacation often years back. welcome and hope you enjoy your journey. alot of hobbies have benefits i like eggs and fried chicken....
smile.png

Thank you all for the warm posting!!! KYFarm: JSut went exploringto figure out how to add my State, and it appears I have to have 10 postings-hopefully this wont take long LOL and FYI: Vikings fan here LOL-I recently moved to rural WI from the Twincities (MN)-still work there...so kind of a MN/WI cross breed ;-)

Back
Top Bottom