New Chicken Mom

PennyM

Crowing
6 Years
Apr 17, 2017
Greenville, SC
Hi everyone! I have been checking out this site and others for quite awhile and decided to finally join. We get our chickens April 29th, I'm so excited! Hubby is working on the run now and the coop is up. My sister and I have to finish buying sand for the floor and feed and other such things.

We decided on pullets because we don't want to raise babies right now (or maybe ever) but we like eggs. We're going to have 6 hens total but will be picking up 4 of them on the 29th and 2 Easter Eggers 2 wks later. The Ameraucanas we ordered didn't hatch in time so I exchanged for the EEs.. I like the colored eggs, hence the Easter Eggers and my sister likes the brown eggs so we will also have a Speckled Sussex, a Gold-laced Wyandotte, a Silver-laced Wyandotte and another one of my picks, a Welsummer!

We all bought a house together in Greenville, SC after selling our respective homes in NE Ohio. WE had enough of the cold and snow! We three are all retired and loving it! We moved our mom in, from Texas, almost 2 years ago. So besides the four of us, we have 3 cats, 2 dogs and soon to be 6 chickens. We have a full house!

PennyM

Greetings from Kansas, PennyM, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you aboard! Best of luck with your chicken venture! Those are some great breeds you've selected!! Feel free to ask any questions you might have on your quest!
You can chat with some other SC poultry folks in your state thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread

Welcome PennyM! Glad you could join us.
I live in the northeast but I don't think I will ever be too tired of my cold and snow! :)

Last edited:
G’Day from down under PennyM
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom