New Chicken Momma

Rosebudseast

In the Brooder
Nov 25, 2019
Hey there! I'm a new chicken momma since July. My husband and I have a small farm where I grow flowers and we love eggs so we thought why not get some chickens. It has so far been rewarding and way more involved than I has expected. But I should also add that I love animals so I am probably way more involved and over protective momma than is needed with chickens. I'm here because obviously the best way to learn is from people who have way more personal knowledge on the subjects. I look forward to being part of the chicken community.

Hello! Welcome to BYC!! :frowWhat kind of flowers do you grow? Do you sell them, as well? Thanks for joining us!
I have been a florist for 8 years and my husband and I decided about 4 years ago that we wanted to grow our own flowers. I focus mostly on Roses, Dahlias, Hydrangeas, Peonies and Lillies. Perennials mostly but I do grow some easy annuals each year like Zinnias, Sunflowers, Cosmos and such. I mostly grow them for my use in weddings.

inCollage_20191031_061503338.jpg

Hi! :frow Welcome to BYC! You are not alone. Most of us are very involved with our flocks, and all in different ways, from spending cuddle time to perfecting the breeding process. @Shadrach is involved in a long observation of chicken behavior in their natural habitat, and writing about it. You've come to a fascinating site. :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom