New Chicken Momma

NalinFarm

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 18, 2014
Southern Indiana
Hi all! My husband and I decided to embark on the adventure of chickens for eggs.
We have 6 chicks that are all about 8-9 weeks old now (got them about 4 weeks ago). We have 2 bantams, 2 RIR, and 2 "unknowns". The 2 unknowns were in a tub with another breed and the guy knew one of the breeds were bantams but wasn't sure which or what the other was, lol. And they are def not bantams (planning to post pics of them in a different thread for help). We are currently building a coop and are really enjoying seeing their personalities! My son (4) has named one of them and my daughter (1) waves at them every time she gets close :)
Anywho, I'm really looking forward to learning, sharing, and talking chickens!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

So glad you could join our community! Sounds like you have a very nice flock.

Make yourself at home here on BYC and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! You have a cute little flock, sounds like they are turning into a nice family project!

Hello we are new to raising chickens.... we have a mixed group Sara, Peaches, Chirps allot and Biff the rooster....
Worried about what vaccines and how to vacinate my chickens ! what feed is best, oooh and should we house biff with hens? ..... Hoping to learn more from backyard chickens

Back
Top Bottom