New Chicken Owner from CT

virgogypsy75

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 15, 2013
CT
Hi all! I'm new to this site and also a new chicken owner. We have six chickens and they are a little over eight weeks old, got them when they were babies. We just moved them to their new coop we built over the weekend and they love it! I still need to do a lot of reading to get educated about raising these beautiful creatures but I'm getting there will a little help from my friends. I'll be posting pics as soon as I figure out how to do so with my phone. :)

Greetings from Kansas, virogypsy75, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased to have you in our community! Best of luck to you and your flock!

Hi. Iam new to the game but just bought some silkies at a auction and got them home and noticed a couple of there heads are swollen and have watery eyes. What could it be

Hi, I too am from CT!
My chicks are about 4 weeks old....so I'm about a month behind you. Very nice coop! your chickens must be very happy!
Ours is still under construction and should be ready in the next week or so.

we bought six red sex links from the TSC in Winsted....is that what yours are?

were are yall from North Branford here (owned chickens for 16 years) any questions Im sure to know

BIG KEV ( they might have a cold or some kind of upper respirtory issues) Clean out the coop and mix some VEtrx in their water make sure the coop or housing gets plenty of air and its not too soiled... also what type of bedding are you using?

ALDO

Back
Top Bottom