New chicken owner :)

JanKuziel

Chirping
Mar 31, 2020
East Tennessee
Hi all. I am new here and wanted to introduce myself as I imagine I will be using this site for all my questions! :)
I'm Janice from NE Tennessee. I brought home 5 chicks from our TSC here about 3 days ago. I've wanted chickens for some time now and I saw these and couldn't leave without them. There are 3 bantams and 2 sex links. I have no idea about specific breeds and honestly I don't yet care about that. I am just happy to have these sweet chicks and hope I do them right.
I started looking for a coop yesterday and was quite overwhelmed by all the types and prices. I honestly do not know where to start with a coop. I do want them protected as we live against deep woods and so critters frequent our yard at night. We also get cold here in winter altho not deep cold and not for the entire winter but it does get cold so I think I need a coop with doors. Any suggestions would be great. If anyone has any suggestions about books for beginners or magazines etc I would be eternally grateful. :) We do live in a subdivision but have an acre with grassy areas and woody areas to place a coop. Right now I'm also looking for enrichment ideas as they are in my laundry room in a large box that I can see they will outgrow pretty quick. haha.. I saw Blooie's post about enrichment and ideas so I'm doing some of that. Excited to have found this site. Thank you!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! 🐔

Feel free to drop in and share your flock

Updates for 2020 with us here in my 2020 flock life thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/2020-flock-life.1351080/

3BC7A20E-38C8-4E5B-ACA2-1C6A4F58126C.jpeg

It’s nice to meet you!

Back
Top Bottom