new chicken owner

ollchickens

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 13, 2014
Hi there in new to all of this i have brought two groups of chickens so far , i brought 11 crossbred chicks to start with that were unsexed 4 turned out to be cockerels, i sold them on and brought a pretty bantam hen and 6 week old chicks when they were delivered one baby was dead after an hour two more had passed :( i realised they were all covered in lice. I treated them and the lasting 3 chicks seem ok except for one who has an air bubble under his skin which i am unsure of... Keen to get opinions and thoughts :)

TwoCrows

A Native Raven
Staff member
Premium member
9 Years
Mar 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
My Coop
My Coop

Welcome to BYC!

I am so sorry about the lice problems you had with your new birds. I am not sure about this air bubble under the skin you are talking about. Can you post pics of this? Where on the body is it?

Well, I hope you can get all this straightened out. You can also post this question in our emergency section for more feed back on what this air bubble may be. Sorry I am not of any help here!

Good luck with your new flock and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium member
10 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
Does it seem like a lump from a hernia? It would be great to see a picture of what it looks like and where it is located.

Kelsie2290

Free Ranging
Premium member
8 Years
Feb 18, 2011
Ohio
Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about the problems you are having with your chicks. X3 a picture and posting on the Emergencies forum.

ollchickens

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 13, 2014
I cant post photos for some reason it is just below its neck on the left side there is a yellow mass inside the bubble it is kind of gross

Top Bottom