new chicken owner

ollchickens

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 13, 2014
Hi there in new to all of this i have brought two groups of chickens so far , i brought 11 crossbred chicks to start with that were unsexed 4 turned out to be cockerels, i sold them on and brought a pretty bantam hen and 6 week old chicks when they were delivered one baby was dead after an hour two more had passed :( i realised they were all covered in lice. I treated them and the lasting 3 chicks seem ok except for one who has an air bubble under his skin which i am unsure of... Keen to get opinions and thoughts :)

images

Welcome to BYC!

I am so sorry about the lice problems you had with your new birds. I am not sure about this air bubble under the skin you are talking about. Can you post pics of this? Where on the body is it?

Well, I hope you can get all this straightened out. You can also post this question in our emergency section for more feed back on what this air bubble may be. Sorry I am not of any help here!

Good luck with your new flock and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Does it seem like a lump from a hernia? It would be great to see a picture of what it looks like and where it is located.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about the problems you are having with your chicks. X3 a picture and posting on the Emergencies forum.

I cant post photos for some reason it is just below its neck on the left side there is a yellow mass inside the bubble it is kind of gross

Back
Top Bottom