new chicken owner

Pj peeper2

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 22, 2014
HI I guess I will start by saying my husband has wanted chickens for a long time and I was totally against it. He finally wore me down and now I love having our 4 barred rocks they are 7 weeks old and I am learning as much as I can to take good care of them.
I honestly am surprised how much fun they are to have. We now have them in a coop that is in a 40 ft x10 ft fenced in run they seem happy and come running when we walk in waiting for me to throw a few mealy worms there way.

Last edited:
Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC's learning center is very useful
caf.gif

Enjoy your flock
D.gif

Hi and :welcome

You definitely never know until you've tried :p Chickens are indeed rather entertaining, and it's cute when they recognise you. Good luck with yours!

images

Welcome to BYC!

Yes, chickens are very enjoyable to keep. My parents kept poultry when I was a child, mostly for meat and eggs, but little did I know just how much fun they were to actually keep as an adult! Had I known how fun they were to raise, I would have gotten into chickens decades ago!

Kelsie has left you with some great links to follow. Enjoy this new adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

Thanks for welcoming me to byc I am kind of shy and wasn't sure about this so your comments made me feel better. I was up very late last reading in the learning center. Wow a lot of stuff to think about and learn.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom