New Chicken Pen!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Nicki, Mar 17, 2008.

1. lurky

lurky Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    OMG........he is so amazing!!!!!!!! I really need one of those!!!!

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    GORGEOUS coop & run.

For safety's sake however, consider covering the bottom three feet of chicken wire with hardware cloth.

Raccoons can pull a chicken right through chickenwire. They can also pull and bite the chickenwire apart.

3. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Crowing

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    heck that's about as big as my house! good looking coop.

4. Nicki

Nicki Songster

Dec 6, 2007
    Georgia
    Thanks y'all:) My dad got laid off last month so I just decided to put him to work lol. My brother also helped and my mom and I painted. I'll try to get pics of the inside later.

5. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Songster

Dec 27, 2007
    When you said "pen" I expected it to be small!! Here's a pic. of me when I opened your post and saw the so called "pen" [​IMG]
    That is unbelieveable!! You are soooooooo lucky!

6. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Songster

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Can I borrow your dad?? I promise he will be well taken care of while he is building me a coop like that

Julie

7. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    Is the whole thing a coop? Or just the end with the run? I love it! It is beautiful, a great addition to the neighborhood! [​IMG]

8. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Songster

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    [​IMG] i bout fainted. i was so excited when i got a dog run to use as a coop... [​IMG]

9. Nicki

Nicki Songster

Dec 6, 2007
    Georgia
    The barn was built first back in 2003 (we got most of the materials for free because my dad and brother both work in construction and got second hand 2x4's etc.) and my cousin got enough concrete for the slab (discounted alot) God really blessed me with all of that!! This is how it looked first:
    [​IMG]
    I just use the barn for storage (chicken food, garden supplies, etc. but I do have a small cage inside that I use for broody hens, chicks, and sick chickens.
    [​IMG]
    I also have stairs going up to the loft, where I have a hammock (that I hardly ever use LOL:rolleyes:)

Then, back in 2006 (I think), we built on a shed for me to park my truck under.
    [​IMG]

And last, but not least, this past week, we built another shed on the other side, enclosed part of it with plywood and the rest with wire; it's 10x12 feet. I just have 1 pair of Cochin bantams in there right now, so they think they're really special LOL.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The door on the shed is split so I can open just the top if I want to.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    That is a great chicken barn!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: